Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious if anyone has tried to make a sort of muffler/cover for the T1. Something to try dampen the sound enough so it’s less noticeable, whilst also still allowing a connection?

Curious if anyone has tried to make a sort of muffler/cover for the T1. Something to try dampen the sound enough so it’s less noticeable, whilst also still allowing a connection?

The latest firmware adds a "low" power setting in addition to the existing "normal" and "high".

I haven't tried the low setting, because no matter how hard I try, I can't get annoyed or distracted by the sound on the normal setting.

I am one of those that was bothered by the ping. I'm honestly confused why it doesn't annoy everyone, at least some of the time.

My only thought on possibly why is that either they always dive with a hood or maybe it's similar to a range of tones that some have lost the ability to hear over time.

Anyhow, on the last update the low mostly fixed it for me. I have about 7 to 8 hours on low and now I can very rarely hear it and when I do it isn't as hard of a sound for my ears.

So it must have been a large enough issue for Garmin to look into. Maybe we can create a enough of a stink on surface GF and a compass overlay for every screen now....

I have the air integration.

I don't notice the sound at all. If I listen carefully for it, I can hear it, but if I'm not paying attention to it, it doesn't register at all in my consciousness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom