Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone heard anything new?

In the same boat - want the Descent, don’t want to buy and have MK2 released the next day. Have a dive trip coming up and am itching to get it in my hands.

I was told this week by 2 different retailers that the MK1 has been discontinued and will be replaced by MK2 soon, possibly in March. Both were out of inventory on MK1, and it didn’t sound like they would be getting more soon.

ChiDiver77, now that is indeed a nice rumor (and hoping for a March/April release)

I realize the product isn't even out there but IF it were very similar to the Mk1 but with AI, how would people compare that to the Teric?

I realize the product isn't even out there but IF it were very similar to the Mk1 but with AI, how would people compare that to the Teric?
I think the teric might still come out on top.

if you’re also a sporting person with the need for a fitness watch and aren’t don’t need CC (assuming Garmin keep it more Rec than Tec) (EDIT <—corrected below by ATJ) then perhaps it’s a close call ... unless you have the spare $ to make one a backup DC.

Back
Top Bottom