Garden Eels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably not the exact same spot, the "rock" is a sea cucumber if you are referring to the dark thing just left of center.

Garden eels are darned cool though. Nice shots, it's tough to get close enough to get head shots with a small camera.

friscuba:
......Garden eels are darned cool though. Nice shots, it's tough to get close enough to get head shots with a small camera.
My pic is with a D70 @70mm w/dome port. Not as much tele as most p&s cams. I tried to get a bit closer - settling down in the sand breathing REAL slow (ask Kris how slow that can be) -- but these buggers are SO shy... I spent a few minutes waiting for the closer eels to come out but no luck. Personally I'd wait an hour for a shot but my buddy would kill me long before that eventuality :D
Mark

My pic is with a D70 @70mm w/dome port. Not as much tele as most p&s cams. I tried to get a bit closer - settling down in the sand breathing REAL slow (ask Kris how slow that can be) -- but these buggers are SO shy... I spent a few minutes waiting for the closer eels to come out but no luck.

Well, let's just say... when we compare notes on air consumption, Mark claims he can get the same bottom time at 60' out of an 80 cu ft open circuit as I can with a 63 cu ft with 40% (using 50% port) on a Drager Dolphin SCR. You know... 2.5-3 hours.

Personally I'd wait an hour for a shot but my buddy would kill me long before that eventuality

Well... I think your computer would start banging you on the head by then, too! :D

justleesa:
Just might show up on ya :wink:
Although I give better hospitality with warning, Lisa you and that guy on the lanai can drop on in any ole’ time.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom