Garden Eels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering...is there any other site off of Oahu that you see Garden Eels in addition to the Corsair? I haven't seen any....

The bottom time is just too short to get good pics of them at the Corsair :(

justleesa:
I was wondering...is there any other site off of Oahu that you see Garden Eels in addition to the Corsair? I haven't seen any....

The bottom time is just too short to get good pics of them at the Corsair :(

Why not get some doubles and do a little deco (with the proper training first) then you can do a lot longer down there.

lol...one by one they are turning to the dark side....muahaha

Thanks Jim :wink: ....it would give me about 10 more minutes. I'll see if I can get over that way.

just wondering....how long is the training and how intense?

Scuba and Dream:
lol...one by one they are turning to the dark side....muahaha

Soon your numbers will be 3.

justleesa:
Thanks Jim :wink: ....it would give me about 10 more minutes. I'll see if I can get over that way.

just wondering....how long is the training and how intense?

Nice color..I didn't even catch it the first three times through the thread. I could sugar coat the whole thing...but the class I offer essentially takes as long as it takes for the student to complete all skills to a mastery level...and until I feel comfortable with my student's skills. That's not usually what some of my students, or prospective clients like to hear...

I group 3 classes into 1, which I call Technical Diver. NAUI Tech EANx, Dec Techniques and Helitrox which amounts to about 14 dives. While I do group these 3 certs into 1 class, for the benefit of being able to introduce Helium based mixtures...I would have no problem with only doing a Tech EANx class. Again, fourteen dives is a ton of dives for some people...but I don't take shortcuts and actually exceed the standards (the beauty of NAUI Tec) that NAUI mandates.

So the short answer, it is somewhat intense, and the time it takes depends on the student.

Oh, but so rewarding. If you are really into having an instructor that works around your skills and moves the class along at the pace that best suits you then Sherman is the way to go. He adjusts the pace to you until you are comfortable and he is comfortable with your abilities. He in no way follows the the pattern you see so often today in training "O.K. we have a class to teach, 5 dives to do it in, and you will be as proficient at the end of those five dives as you are going to be."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom