Garbage disposal...a poll for those of us who have one.

Do you put egg shells down your garbage disposal?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Only when they go down by accident

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to findout the same thing as I have heard that egg shells help kep the blades sharp....but I've also heard that egg shells can damage them.

We are on our own well and septic. We try and not really put anything down the garbage disposal. However it's nice to have when things go down inadvertently. Just be careful that one does not use the garbage disposal like a garbage can! :D

A friends wife used to put EVERYTHING into the drain.... I helped him replace his ruined disposal after a few years of dumping god knows what into the thing. It just stopped functioning.

My garbage disposal does not like egg shells at all. She prefers Friskies Captain's Choice Pate' ! BTW egge shells will not hurt stainless steel blades in the disposal. Unless you are throwing fossilized ones in!

Egg shells are ok. I also throw the occasional lemon peel in there, really makes the kitchen smell nice.

Back
Top Bottom