Gap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Anyone use the GAP deco software? I'm new to starting to look into deco theory and understand it all. Any tips on learning to use this tool?

get V-Planner or decoplanner instead, they're much easier to use. GAP is not user friendly in my opinion.

WW

Thanks,
I just downloaded V-Planner...

WreckWriter once bubbled...
get V-Planner or decoplanner instead, they're much easier to use. GAP is not user friendly in my opinion.

WW
I can't stand GAP either...hate to start another rant, but why do all the crappy software packages (from a UI standpoint) have to be the only ones with RGBM???

Arrrgh!

I will agree somewhat with WW that GAP is not the most user friendly program out there, but you can do things I have not been able to do in V-Planner. And the graphic profiles and extensive reporting are very nice.

The trick to GAP is setting up the templates. Until you understand what they do (everything) and how they are setup, you'll just spin your wheels (PADI makes one of those :) )

MD

O-ring once bubbled...

I can't stand GAP either...hate to start another rant, but why do all the crappy software packages (from a UI standpoint) have to be the only ones with RGBM???

Arrrgh!

What RGBM? I keep hearing that but I checked out the site again the other day and I didn't see anything about RGBM.

Gap isn't so hard to use. MechDiver is right, once you figure out how to use the templates it's not so bad.

Speaking about deco software. Does anyone know how to force V-Planner to make a deco stop at a ppo2 of 1.6? For example 50% @ 70'? Setting the values in config doesn't seem to make any difference. The only thing I have found is to set a "dummy" dive value in the left column, say 70,3,50 and choose that after the main profile. Very annoying.

Also, on the V-P vs GAP issue. We were planning a fairly simple mix dive for last weekend (150 for 25 using 22/45) using V-P and GAP. Althought they came up with nearly the same RT, the backgas usage had a delta of 20 cuft using the same values for RMV.

Anybody with both programs seeing this?

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
Speaking about deco software. Does anyone know how to force V-Planner to make a deco stop at a ppo2 of 1.6? For example 50% @ 70'? Setting the values in config doesn't seem to make any difference. The only thing I have found is to set a "dummy" dive value in the left column, say 70,3,50 and choose that after the main profile. Very annoying.

Also, on the V-P vs GAP issue. We were planning a fairly simple mix dive for last weekend (150 for 25 using 22/45) using V-P and GAP. Althought they came up with nearly the same RT, the backgas usage had a delta of 20 cuft using the same values for RMV.

Anybody with both programs seeing this?

MD

Go into config and set it so there is a minimum stop time at gas switches. I think that'll do it.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Go into config and set it so there is a minimum stop time at gas switches. I think that'll do it.

Set them up to 5 or 6 minutes, but the program just ignores them. You are supposed to be able to set a "dummy" stop (70,-,35) for something like travel gas, and then to force a stop on ascent. It works great on descent if placed before the main profile, but totally ignores it if placed after.

MD

I'll play with it to see if I can remember. I've been using Dplan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom