Galileo Sol Intermittent signal loss **Feedback Please**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My issues (virtually) disappeared after i had the battery in the transmitter replaced.

At the time that I was having intermittent problems, I considered putting a 2' hose between the first stage and the transmitter and running the hose along the LP inflator hose so that the transmitter would be right there.

The primary purpose for me having hose-less technology was for the data, not the reduced hoses, so this option would have been suitable for me. I realize that the minimalists would not necessarily consider this option.

Best Regards
Richard

You may attempt to pair the transmitter and the computer again since it was moved. If the sending unit is on the same side as the computer things should work. I have heard some people indicate that they have raised their tank height just a little and that solved the issue. Worth a try at least. I got in the pool today and checked out some different configurations. If the unit is on the far side of the 1st stage (Right side) and the computer is on the left arm I experienced one event of lost signal.... if I hold my arm up (2 to 3 feet from the transmitter) the unit starts receiving after a few seconds... I think the manual states that it updates every 4 seconds. The only other issue was when I placed the tank real low.... I think the transmitter has difficulty penetrating my body mass.... of course I am a large fellow.... but all of these items are also in the troubleshooting part of the user manual.... Either way if you are still having issues ScubaPro has always been good to me. Never had any issues.....

I would think that having the Sol on my Left wrist and holding onto the sending unit with my Left hand for several minutes, several times while under water should have been sufficient pairing opportunities. It's obviously broken.

The problems you have been having ere identical to mine. Sent it back under warranty but replacement isn't much better. I may try a change to reg configuraion and if that doesn't work, a different reg...

The problems you have been having ere identical to mine. Sent it back under warranty but replacement isn't much better. I may try a change to reg configuraion and if that doesn't work, a different reg...

.....I'm using Cochran Gemini wireless AI computers with 13" HP cables (they are also available with an optional 36" HP cable). I wear my wrist unit on my left wrist, and clip/mount the transmitter unit to my left LP BCD inflator hose. The 13" HP cable allows me to adjust the position/distance of the transmitter to control the distance between it and the wrist unit...I don't really need all 13" of length, so I 'shorten' the HP cable as needed by wrapping the HP cable around the LP hose 2 or 3 times to soak up the extra length and keep everything streamlined/tidy......it works extremely well and I don't remember the last time the wrist unit 'lost' the transmitter signal.

Karl

I went on 6 dives this past weekend with no issues. Galileo worked perfectly. That was over 7 hours underwater. Never had a loss of signal. Hope you get your issues corrected on your Galileo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom