Galileo Sol Loss of Pressure Signal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've experienced signal loss with the Luna several times and have traced it back to lights. The Iklite DS51 strobe will do this as will the Underwater Kinetics lights: Light Cannon eLED » Underwater Kinetics

I was able to show these were the culprits with multiple luna's (We have three, Mine, my wife's and my daughters) you can see the failure happening by holding the light/strobe next to the wrist unit and watching the pressure, just hold it and breath for like 20 seconds, there's no pressure drop, move the light/strobe away from your wrist and you'll see the pressure update immediately.

I was able to fix the problem by holding the light in my right hand instead of my left (unit is on left wrist, sender on left side of my tank). Now that I know what the issue is whenever I see that error I just think about what's new in my rig and then move things until it works, like I said it's only happened with those two items so far. With my DS-160 and DS-161 strobes I have had no issues. The transmitter strength is clearly set to be lower, as you can see when using buddy mode, you have to be quite close, but that's the trade off for the longer battery life I would think.

-RKS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom