Galileo Sol Air Pressure Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickNH

Contributor
Reaction score
After working just fine for several dives, my Sol stopped displaying air pressure after the 2nd day of diving on a 2-tank per day trip. Being in Mexico and lacking batteries, I just used my back-up analog hose gauge for the rest of the trip.

When home, I opened the transmitter to change out the battery, and saw that it had leaked, leaving a brown film over some of the inside and parts. It didn't look like salt-water had entered, but that the battery had indeed leaked. I dusted off the brown powdery film with a soft brush and cotton-swabs, then used moistened swabs and cotton patches to wipe any remaining residue away. After drying thoroughly, I replaced the battery, wiped a bit of silicone grease on the O-ring and screwed the unit back together. It seemed to work fine. I did two dives this last weekend, and all is well.

Do I likely have no worries?

When a transmitter severely floods, it usually does cause a failure. However, the fact that you caught it in time, cleaned it up and tested it to function properly, looks like its good to go. Please remember to always activate your computer to check your gas supply before diving. Best in diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom