Galileo Luna Vs. Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler2142

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all. I am in the market for a new computer. I am almost positive i want a Galileo but i have not decided between the two. I have the chance to get either one brand new for less than $1000. I can get the Luna for about $650 and Sol for $825. Yes that includes everything. (Transmitter ect.) I was hoping yall could shed some light on my question and clear up some of the important differences between the two. Right now i am OW certified with about 50 dives in 3 months and plan to continue with classes. Thanks!!

The Luna does not have the PGM option or heart rate. You can add both later. The PGM is where you can dive with different o2 level tanks. You also have to buy a transmitter for easy regulator... Go with the Luna if you are not doing any deco.

I use a LUNA for Deco dives but then I use it in gauge mode.
The Luna will do everything you need.

For me the heart rate monitor is interesting when diving, and it can be linked to the algorithm to adjust for workload. It works surprisingly well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom