Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

do you know MB L0, MB L1,... MB L5 which gradient factor correspond to?

MB L0 seems to be "GFLow30 GFHig85"; but my planning software gives different results withZH-L16A algorithm and these settings.

I would like to know exactly how this security value modifies the algorithm.

Thank you.

Hello,

MB L0 seems to be "GFLow30 GFHig85"; but my planning software gives different results withZH-L16A algorithm and these settings.

I would like to know exactly how this security value modifies the algorithm.

Thank you.
I would assume that they do not correspond in any direct way

Like you, I too was curious about the equivalent GF's related to the microbubble levels of the Galileo. I was able to obtain the NDLs for the 5 micro bubble levels. Using Subsurface's dive planning module, I estimated the GFhi and obtained a similar result to you for L0. As you can see from my results, L1 is 6 points lower than L0 and then the following levels drop by about 10 points each. I couldn't estimate L5 since the GFhi in Subsurface only goes down to 40% but based on the trend, L5 probably is aound 38% (?). Happy for others to check my numbers. As for GFlo, I didn't have any deco data and I'm not sure what deco profile would be best to make an estimate. @scubadada has more experience in this area and may be able to suggest an approach.

Interestingly, the G2 has 9 microbubble levels! How low can one go? I would like to know what the Uwatec developers were thinking when they made this decision. When would a diver choose L9? Or even L5 for that matter.
Scubapro G2 Why 9 Microbubble Levels?

Attachments

• Sol NDL GF.PNG
    Sol NDL GF.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 294
Hi @Kodee

I have considerable experience diving Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF alongside DSAT, several hundred dives. Most of these dives have been no stop. I have no experience diving Scubapro computers running Buhlmann ZH-L8 or 16 ADT. I believe the only accurate way to compare the Scubapro algorithm to Buhlmann would be to dive them in parallel. Simulations, using dive planning software, only go so far

My main conclusion in comparing Buhlmann to DSAT is that there is no simple, direct comparison. There are differences in how the algorithms handle a first, clean dive, and additional differences in how they handle repetitive dives. I have never been able to "match" Buhlmann and DSAT. I have learned to get relatively close, in general, by choosing a GFhi of between 90 and 100, depending on the dive profile. The information I have gleaned has been interesting and valuable, however, I have largely gone back to diving a backup computer also running DSAT, so that the NDL and deco matches my primary computer. When my trusty, 8 1/2 year old Oceanic VT3, currently 1208 dives and 1269 hours, finally bites the dust, I will likely move on to a primary computer running Buhlmann, and will go back to diving my Dive Rite Nitek Q as backup.

Some of these interesting differences between decompression algorithms can be observed by closely examining the yearly ScubaLab hyperbaric chamber testing of dive computers, simulating a series of 4 standard dives. Both @CandiveOz and @Jay_Antipodean have looked at this data in detail. The former has recently used this data in attempt to answer a question regarding possible differences between Scubapro Buhlmann ZH-L8 and 16 ADT Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

Best of luck in your diving, let us know what you learn about your computer.

Reactions: Jay
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom