Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread. Recent dive trip I had the same results. Some people were using older 8 compartment SP computers and my G2 was giving me considerably shorter dive times on second dives with huge deco obligations. What I found particularly interesting is that after a 40 metre dive I went into dive planning wh8lst on the boat ride back and selected 39 metres for the next dive. This gave me something like a 6 minute bottom time but when I went back one screen and chose to add an additional surface interval of 3 hours it actually shortened the dive t8me by one minute to 5 minutes NDL.

@Nick Ruberg, What you did was almost as good, but, I'd still like to see someone dive a Scubapro computer running ZH-L8 ADT and a computer running ZH-L16 ADT at the same time, over multiple dives, multiple days, without PDIS or human factors (HR, skin temperature, breathing rate), and with a microbubble setting of zero (i.e. native algorithm). Perhaps this would put this discussion to rest. The reports to date are contradictory and vary from huge differences to no significant difference. It is unlikely both results are correct.

Well,
i finally made it to check the Galileo G2 together with a Galileo Terra from my buddy.
Both computers where not used for more than 72 hours, mounted on my arm and have same settings

Galileo Terra
MB Level 0
PDIS: On
Altitude set automatic

Galileo G2
MB Level 0
PDIS: Off
Altitude set automatic

1° dive @ 30 meters/98 ft G2 has 1 minute less NDL
1.38 min surface iterval
2° dive @ 30 meters/98ft G2 has 9 minute less NDL

A higher setting in MB Level will lead to a shorter No-Stop / NDL as the manual writes:
When two G2 dive computers are used simultaneously, with one unit set to a MB level of L5 and the other to a MB level of L0, the no-stop time for the L5 unit will be shortened and more level stops will be required before the diver has the obligation of a decompression stop.

There should be no difference in NDL if PDIS is on or OFF as PDIS only change the depth and time of Deep Stops

I'm still wondering where this difference is coming from???

ChrisView attachment 428264
Can I ask you what color display setting you used to get the color scheme in your G2?

Too bad nobody at Scubapro is willing to offer input. I have never had confidence in Scubapro's proprietary implementation of Buhlmann. This information regarding G2 vs older implementations only bolsters that. Combined with the fact that the implementation is middle of the road conservative, no reason for me to give it a look.

HATUL:
As the computer was a gift i don't have it near me and have to ask my friend to check that.
As far i remeber it is the standart color scheme.
Chris

Well,
the problem with MY G2 is still the same and when i read the experience of others it seems that:
Hatul has it working nomal with MB=2 and PDIS ON
Beaver Divers was working normal with PDIS=Low and Heartbelt sensor
Nick Ruberg has the same experience as me

I run them with MB=0
MB should not be the culprit as the manual states:
When two G2 dive computers are used simultaneously, with one unit set to a MB level of L5 and the other to a MB level of L0, the no-stop time for the L5 unit will be shortened and more level stops will be required before the diver has the obligation of a decompression stop.

At this point i think that the culprit is (as already suggested)
a) the missing heartrate sensor is shortening NDL
b) using air instead of EAN (i remember that once using EAN32 the bottom time went normal)
Chris

The No Stop times were within minutes of each other if not the same. I was always wearing the new heartrate belt and had both computers set to HR on.

BeaverDivers: What kind of mix where your diving
Hatul: What kind of mix where your diving

Chris

Chris
Hi Chris, I always used the G2 with the hear rate chest strap. Most days in Cozumel we did two dives: the first a deep dive on air and the second shallow dive on EAN36.
Adam

Chris
I was using a 32% mix on all the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom