Galapagos - October 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It changes from year to year. From what I've heard, only the Aggressor has land permits for 2008. Explorer Venture had them but they were pulled for some reason. It's up to the Ecuadorean government to issue the land permits. It was touch and go for while there as to whether we would have them for our June 2008 trip because the government wanted to keep the dive boats from visiting some of the land-based areas because of the strain on the ecosystem. It would have been a shame to have missed them because the blue footed boobies were awesome.

--insert boobie joke here :D--

I think the pictures of the seals were the best of the bunch. Especially the pups....the land encounters would have put me over the edge on an already amazing trip....that I am sure. So, this may have just convinced me.

It is an experience not to be missed. That's for sure. My mom went 15 years ago (only land) and she still talks about it. Besides an African safari, it was her favorite adventure

Looks like the trip of a lifetime! Thanks for sharing!

Just amazing...

Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories from my2005 trip. I agree,the land tours themselves are amazing and would be worth the trip.

Love your line about a lack of inheritence for the kids, mine have not forgiven me for not pulling them from school in '05. (They both dive too.) The mere mention of a whale shark brings a scowl :) :)

Mike

Thanks for that.

I'm confused about whalesharks - reference books I have put their largest known size as 12.5m, whereas the guides in Galapagos (and my own eyes) would put them at closer to 15m. This big one (the one that buzzed me) was definitely closer to 15m than 12m.

Comments, anyone?

Never mind, next time I'll take my tape measure.:cool2:

Count the spots and multiple by 6....

Very nice pics, indeed!

Great pics Larry.... I second Caloy.. I hate you too :)

I'm comfortable with being hated.

:mooner:

Did I mention that I'm going back to the Sardine Run next year? IMHO it's a shade - just a shade - better than Galapagos.

As you can see, that's saying something

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom