Galapagos - October 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead - THANK YOU for reminding me to put Galapagos on the top of my next list again. Your pictures are beautiful.

me---->:blush:

Thanks for all the comments, but to be honest, the shots themselves are all pretty straightforward point-it-in-the-right-direction-and-press-the-button type.

The fact of the matter is that what you have by way of subject matter in Galapagos is a lot better than most places :D

I would have loved to have my Canon 5D, bigger strobes and a 15mm fisheye lens, but on the whole, I'm still very happy with what I got. The Canon G9 gets a good review from me, that's for sure.

If at all possible, I'm looking at doing the trip again in 2010 or 2011, but this time I'm going to push the boat out and try to do liveaboard - land safari - liveaboard over three weeks.

My children aren't going to inherit a lot, are they?

:)

Wow! Thanks Larry. Gotta get there. I've heard about absolutely ripping current there, was that your experience?

Yes, very hard work a lot of the time, and your suit's knee pads take a hell of a battering as you use them to grip onto the rocks while using a camera.

Picked up a couple of bruises once or twice, but nothing too serious. Didn't even notice whilst I was in the water :D

Wow. That really brought back memories. Only we only saw 1 whale shark, a baby at that, at Wolf. We crapped out at Darwin, therefore, I must return.

Jamdiver, now there's a blast from the past. Have you heard from him? Is he a doctor yet?

Wow Larry I am in awe. Galapagos just rocketed to the top of my list. So many amazing shots of incredible critters.

I have a question. Does every live aboard in the Galapagos include for the land based activities? I almost think I was more interested in the top side encounter photos than the ocean encounters (I stress almost) so if they are typically included in the package, then it became very close to the top (assuming I can convince someone else to spend the money to come with me :D)

Back
Top Bottom