Gaining Experience and Learning Without Taking Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you're in the UK, king of dive clubs. Find one local to you with divers that are like minded and try to find a mentor. Other than that, read read read. If you want to be serious about your dive planning and self sufficiency, I would recommend taking a GUE fundamentals course aka Fundies.
Ahhh but to dig up the dead. . . BSAC considers long primary hoses and primary donate a no-fly zone

Not true. Not a BSAC member but AFAIK the current policy is that they are acceptable if you have been formally trained in their use

but the point is that they don't allow it in their training, and they still don't recognize GUE as a training agency... not particularly relevant, but I'd still just plan on looking for a GUE fundies class if you're serious about it. Bunch of GUE divers in that area. Disclaimer, I'm not one of them, I just recognize a good training agency when I see one

but the point is that they don't allow it in their training, and they still don't recognize GUE as a training agency... not particularly relevant, but I'd still just plan on looking for a GUE fundies class if you're serious about it. Bunch of GUE divers in that area. Disclaimer, I'm not one of them, I just recognize a good training agency when I see one
Your out of date. BSAC & GUE are working together, here is the advice to enable both to dive together.

I heard through the grapevine that a hog loop/primary donate SDC is being written.
But yes, GUE and BSAC are friends now.

Back
Top Bottom