Gainesville Area this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick trip through the catacombs to much for you?
:)

Got back to around 800' or so in Peacock. Really nice. Checked out Telford. She is backing up. Yuck!

I think that Little River is siphoning now as well.

Peter

pdoege:
Quick trip through the catacombs to much for you?
:)

Got back to around 800' or so in Peacock. Really nice. Checked out Telford. She is backing up. Yuck!

I think that Little River is siphoning now as well.

Peter

You wasn't there for the second dive.
:54: I must have had a brain fart.
:wink:

We went to Peacock today instead, scheduling worked out better, it was cool except the valve o-rings on my singles that my buddy was using were bad and we couldn't get a second dive in.

Cow was SWEET on Saturday, pretty squirelly entrance but the cave itself was awesome, now if I could just stop sucking my sphincter through my reg I'd be doing good.

Pete, you shoulda dropped me a PM, we couldn't changed plans, hope your neck gets better.

Ben

Got there late do to fog all the way up. Weather not to good. Rained most of the day. Meet P2 and Peter. Petes a nice guy to dive with. Very laid back.
Took my busting so he must be a good guy. Gave it back once or twice too. I liked that. Planned on diving with Rick and his students using the same Primary but they fell way behind so we went in. Dive order was Pete, P2, then myself.
Entered the eye and went through to the ear. Pete turned left on my direction but that was wrong. Should have turned right, into the main tunnel. Flashed P2 and signaled to turn back by that time Pete was already on his way back.
Now in the main line we tied off at the gold line. and headed to the cailing where the flow is less. P2 stayed buy the gold line and desided to have a workout. I hovered above her and watched her work hard. Pete stayed up with me. Pull and glide is always easier. Second small problem came up. Petes fin stap came lose. No big deal. I reconnected it and on we go. Oh did I metion I'm on a single lp112 and Pete and P2 has doubles. We got to the lips and I check my SPG 300 psi before my 1/3 or up. I go into the lead and pick up the tempo a bit we make it to the keyhole and Time to turn.
I sinal thumbs up and we turn the dive. Time for a freindly drift dive to the exit. We make it to the entrance to the ear and collect the reel. we enter the tunnel to the eye and I feel a bump on my tank. It's a little tight through there. As a matter of fact I feel couple of bumps. As we go through all of a sudden i take a breath and low and behold NOTHING. Try one more time. Still Nothing coming out my primary reg. OK time to switch to my back up. WHEW it's working fine. AIR IS GOOD. I figure it's a good time for a valve drill.
I reach back and sure as all get out the valve was shut off. Guess that last bump managed to turn it off. No problem, I opened the valve and all was good. End of dive one. Must be Saturday the 14th. Still a good dive though.

Peter hurt his shoulder so he said he was sitting out the second dive.
Dive order for the second dive was Me , P2 and Dave. ( a instuctor that was up there that I'm friends with) We decided to go in through the Ear just for the fun of it. (Time for myworkout) I forgot how much fu it is to run the line and tie off through the Ear. (P2 always a line no matter what) Tied off at the gold line and headed to the ceiling again. This time P2 went up with me. Pull and glide to amfd through the lips to the Keyhole. Head down and through. made it back to arough 800 ft. and my thirds were gone time to turn the dive. I'm the member with the single and the least amount of air so I trade places and take the lead on the way out. We drift dive to the exit at the ear and that was going to be fun too.
I untie the reel and start to exit, Well this is always fun I free the line from the second placement and the flow grabs me like I was a feather in the wind. Now I'm hanging on for dear life to the reel. trying to reel myself down to the tieoff.
No way I'll make it that way. I lock the reel and pull myself down to the tie off and undo it.(Dam I didn't even get the line tangled. ) I grabbed hold of the log did a saftey stop and exited. Once again beating death and had a ball doing it.
Note to self: must get going on the side mounts.

Guys I enjoyed even if I didn't get any cookies P2
Fred

(P2 always a line no matter what)

Very sorry about the cookies – I will have fresh batch for the next dive (as always)!!

Truly great dives – glad I was able to join you!! I was so amazed at the beautiful surroundings that we encountered just after the lips on dive #2. What a lovely area – I could spend hours just investigating all the little nooks and crannies. I can’t wait to get back into the system and spend some more time looking around.

I, too, got hung up on my way out of the eye. Between doubles and a large canister it was a little tricky – I felt somewhat like the proverbial bull in a china shop – there was nothing graceful about my wriggling and maneuvering to get through. I just kept thinking to myself, “please let me get through this on my own or I will never hear the end of it!” :)

I actually enjoyed the work out swimming against the flow on dive #1 but have to agree it is so much easier pulling and pulling along the ceiling – needless to say my fingertips are toast – especially since we did more pulling and pulling the next day through the peanut tunnel. Wish you could have joined us for those dives on Sunday – picture perfect dives and although it was a beautiful day there were very few people. And yes, Fred, even though the main lines run to the cavern we ran reels both times – no such thing as too much practice. I will even be glad to run the reel through the ear the next time I dive there with you (as long as you help me with the spaghetti that will invariably materialize when I go to reel back up…) :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom