Gainesville Area this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anybody wanna do some diving this Sunday? I'm game for anything, but keep it cheap (or pay my way if you want, that'd be even better!)

Wendy? DeepSeaWolf? Gibbon? Jviehe? Fred? Kurt? Anybody???

Ben

Your welcome to come. But Sunday I gots lots to catch up on.
Me and Pat will be diving in the caves From the Eye to past the lips. She hasn't been in there yet. Should be fun. Maybe a second dive throught he catacombs.
Fred

Ben,

we too are up at Ginnie, camping over the weekend, trying on some rental gear, having a poke around in the ballroom and then looking (not touching - penetrating) the devil springs. Looking forward to meeting Rick (GDI) and now it looks like we might bump into Fred Gray and others too. We are there all day, one of the few people who will camp i am sure on this wet weekend. Look for a maroony isuzu trooper and a tallish guy with a redhead beside him looking lost and confused!! We are renting BP/Wings (Halcyon MC System, with fries) from extreme exposure and maybe a TP2 from Ginnie on the sunday to give them a try. We are camping overnight and hoping to get in a night dive at GS too in the ballroom, pray for the rain to stop while we sleep!! If dive near/with us over the whole weekend, we wont be getting into the caves, we will potter around outside them and in the run though, so maybe Fred is a better bet on that!

Then sunday we are either going to dive again at Ginnie, or rent a canoe on the Silver River, paddle upstream and try a drift from that for the afternoon. You are more than welcome to come along, its about $25 for a day's rental - so between my GF and i, that is half the cost of a day at Ginnie, but if you were by yourself that would be the same as the commercials! Another thought is no canoe, we just tow a flag and have a car at the beginning and end of the dive - cant get cheaper than that! But we wont take two cars up there. This is the way we are now going to do our kayaking trips if they are local rather than doing loops or out and backs that we have had to due to only taking my car. SO if you are up for that maybe you could be the pick up guy and we all just drift from the Silver Springs State Park down to the bridge on the Ocklawaha? Just another option and saves the paddling upstream!

Simon

OneBrightGator:
Anybody wanna do some diving this Sunday? I'm game for anything, but keep it cheap (or pay my way if you want, that'd be even better!)

Wendy? DeepSeaWolf? Gibbon? Jviehe? Fred? Kurt? Anybody???

Ben

I thought about it, but its going to rain all weekend, so Im just going to hang out in Orlando. Maybe next weekend. Talkign with an insturctor about Intro class first week of march. SHould be able to ge some real dives in soon.

I will be heading to Ginnie with Pat on Saturday. I believe that we will be going to Peacock Sunday.

Others are always welcome.

My cell is x407x619x9706x. I don't get good service in the boonies, so you'll have to leave a message.

Peter

pdoege:
I will be heading to Ginnie with Pat on Saturday. I believe that we will be going to Peacock Sunday.

Others are always welcome.

My cell is x407x619x9706x. I don't get good service in the boonies, so you'll have to leave a message.

Peter
Guess we'll be diving together. See you there.
Fred

Well... the schedule is Cow tomorrow and OW at Orange Grove on Sunday with some club members, but thanks to this stupid weather, I don't know.

I'll post an update to my plans tomorrow ('cause I know you'll are waiting with baited breath :winky:)

Ben

Well the GF is worrying about weather, so might kick Ginnie to the curb, might hit silver river still (sunday) and maybe blue springs (monday). Might try ginnie the last weekend in feb, or camp over there sunday thru monday.

Hey Guys -

Weather sucked Saturday. Ginnie was a mudhole. A couple of freakin' tourbuses full of divers showed up. Good lord, the ballroom must of been a real playground.

I managed to screw up my neck slipping around in the mud with the doubles. So I called the 2nd dive.

Peacock was wonderful on Sunday. I looked for Ben but didn't find him.

Good fun all the way around.

Peter

pdoege:
Hey Guys -

Weather sucked Saturday. Ginnie was a mudhole. A couple of freakin' tourbuses full of divers showed up. Good lord, the ballroom must of been a real playground.

I managed to screw up my neck slipping around in the mud with the doubles. So I called the 2nd dive.

Peacock was wonderful on Sunday. I looked for Ben but didn't find him.

Good fun all the way around.

Peter

I'm to tired to do the dive report.
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom