Gag strap over or under mask strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Given the
It's significantly nicer than the draeger. The draeger mouthpiece is the most uncomfortable pile of trash I've ever come across. Did they design it for a hillbilly with no teeth or a goat?
Given that you're the one that's asking how to use these things, I can only imagine that you were clueless about how to use the Drager properly.

It's the absolute benchmark for safety mouthpieces for a very good reason and all others are just poor rip-offs.

It's significantly nicer than the draeger. The draeger mouthpiece is the most uncomfortable pile of trash I've ever come across. Did they design it for a hillbilly with no teeth or a goat?
You should be able to ditch the mouthpiece and keep the strap. I have had zero comfort, usability, or safety issues with Draeger.

Given that you're the one that's asking how to use these things

You should work on your comprehension skills. Nobody asked "how to use it". It was a config question.
Feel free to run along.

You should be able to ditch the mouthpiece and keep the strap. I have had zero comfort, usability, or safety issues with Draeger.
Why should I? I don't like. I think its awful. I'll use a different one. Good for you that you like it. I don't. Sorry if that upsets you.

You should work on your comprehension skills. Nobody asked "how to use it". It was a config question.
Feel free to run along.

Why should I? I don't like. I think its awful. I'll use a different one. Good for you that you like it. I don't. Sorry if that upsets you.
I never got the AP mouthpiece to seal well on the shrimp bov. I ended up cutting the mouthpiece portion off and zip tying it over a normal mouthpiece. Kind of like the Rebreather Day 1 brand.

I never got the AP mouthpiece to seal well on the shrimp bov. I ended up cutting the mouthpiece portion off and zip tying it over a normal mouthpiece. Kind of like the Rebreather Day 1 brand.

Trying to avoid that, the next thought is food safe silicon injected between the mouthpiece and the shrimp to seal off those last little bits. And probably more zip tie tension. (the all metal zip tie guns will actually let you get a straight pull vs the cheapo plastic ones)

Back
Top Bottom