G260 vs S620ti ergonomics using long hose setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As far as I'm concerned, these two regulators are both perfectly fine for my needs.

All other factors aside, considering the relative size of the two, would you choose the S620ti because it's less bulky and probably gives more freedom of movement under the chin and where the necklace hangs?

If in a current, would you say that the G260 gets pushed/pulled more due to bigger surface area, or would the S620ti get more pushed/pulled more due to it's lighter mass?

The G260 is where it is :wink:. Just get the plain silver one and save yourself hundreds and hundreds even maybe more over the CF and titanium. You do not know it maybe, maybe you do, you want the full size regulator. The pushing and pulling from the hose will be no different betwixt the two.

But if Scubapro were to offer the titanium barrel in a G260Ti, well, I would go bananas, well, except bananas are not allowed on boats :wink:.

James

The G260 is where it is :wink:. Just get the plain silver one and save yourself hundreds and hundreds even maybe over the CF and titanium. You do not know it maybe, maybe you do, you want the full size regulator. The pushing and pulling from the hose will be no different betwixt the two.

But if Scubapro were to offer the titanium barrel in a G260Ti, well, I would go bananas, well, except bananas are not allowed on boats :wink:.

James
What if I found the carbon black tech G260 for like half off (like a store demo never in the water)? Same size but a little lighter.

Lots of regulators to test :)

Missing from picture: MK25, S270, Atomic M1

1665184357976.png

The G260 is where it is :wink:. Just get the plain silver one and save yourself hundreds and hundreds even maybe over the CF and titanium. You do not know it maybe, maybe you do, you want the full size regulator. The pushing and pulling from the hose will be no different betwixt the two.

James
James, why do you prefer the full size?

I do not have the 620 to test but I have dived the 600 series at various times. I find the full size diaphragm of the G250/G260 to be more sensitive. And, I think there is more Venturi with the G250/G260. These are not things I have measured and certainly not with the 620Ti but my bet is the G260, well tuned (which they are not from the box), will out perform or at least match the 620. Cracking effort is just one performance parameter and it is an easy one to measure and quantify so people hang their hat on that and the other things given less consideration though they are equal or more important. Therefore I can only offer subjective thoughts.

The G260 might also be more buoyant, anyone want to send me a 620Ti to compare, I am a willing host it, lol. If you have the money to get the full titanium rig, go for it for cool factor but there will be no increase in performance for that extra $. That is my bet.

Edit to add and here I go blaspheming the vaunted 109. Folks wax nostalgic and praise to the high heavens it's performance and I am like, meh, whatever. It is pretty. But the G250 has a better Venturi (opinion) and much better exhaust effort (measured) and is more buoyant in the water or seems to be (I favor that). I kind of put the 620Ti maybe wrongly in the pretty face category. And the G260 in the it just works real good category.

James

I use the 620ti for most of my single tank diving and have the 260's on my sidemount setup. The 260 has the advantage of being able to "reverse" the adjustment knob to either side making it ideal for sidemount. I love the WAY the 620ti works and feels, but the faceplate design leaves much to be desired in my book. It has no rivets on the widest parts which often get snagged on everything and anything, bending it out. You can bend it back a few times obviously, but it just never fits right again. They are expensive to replace. For those of us doing hundreds of dives a year, our gear can't always be babied 100% of the time. Simply adding two more rivets matching those already on the face of it would prevent this from happening. SP listens, but doesn't seem interested in changing it. Just something to think about. :wink:

I use the 620ti for most of my single tank diving and have the 260's on my sidemount setup. The 260 has the advantage of being able to "reverse" the adjustment knob to either side making it ideal for sidemount. I love the WAY the 620ti works and feels, but the faceplate design leaves much to be desired in my book. It has no rivets on the widest parts which often get snagged on everything and anything, bending it out. You can bend it back a few times obviously, but it just never fits right again. They are expensive to replace. For those of us doing hundreds of dives a year, our gear can't always be babied 100% of the time. Simply adding two more rivets matching those already on the face of it would prevent this from happening. SP listens, but doesn't seem interested in changing it. Just something to think about. :wink:

What's bending?
I couldn't quite visualize what you were explaining.

I have the G260, S600 and the 620ti. I also prefer the G260 as my main second stage. It just does everything for me. It is in my avatar pic...lol. The other two are fine...the 260 is better for me..I like everything about it a bit better. Any of them are sufficient/excellent

Back
Top Bottom