G260 Reviews - Warm and Cold Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy New Year to all!

I second halo and Nemrod; for the sake of reasoning, let's push all the parameters to the limit, and assume that with your previous low performance rental gear, you had to suck with all your might just to stay alive. Now you switch over to your high end gear that delivers more air, but your body has not (yet) adjusted and you still suck with all your might: you get more air than you can use, and you just blow it out as waste. There goes your 25%.

A more quantitative version is: if your previous gear required, say, 3 Joules of energy (work) to deliver 1 liter of air, and your current gear needs 1 J for 1 liter, but, out of habit, you still apply 3 J, you get 3 liters of air and you just blow 2 liters out as waste.

Happy new year to all.
I have am Mk25 that went into free flow in 4C degree water. This was due to my student inflating the drysuit as part of the buddy check (Argh!) neverthless I then experienced other freezes since then I got myself an Mk17/G260 set for cold water
Well this is now my favorite regulator all round and I do not use anymore the MK25, surely the Mk25 has more performance but I could not tell the difference to be honest so I have it as back up or possible upgrade for my buddy

I have only got a free flow once in my mk25 and it was while filling a dry suit after a dive on surface at a temperature of -15 celsius. I know that technically mk17 should be better for cold environment but my experience states otherwise. My dream would be about five or more five mk25's and five G260's. And I could dive them from deep freezing dives of Finnish winter to relaxing warm coral dives on the Caribbean.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom