G200/250 Purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a fanciful idea of painting custom purge buttons. I have R190s and G250s. Is there any technical ways to remove the buttton or is it just some elbow grease and a pick to remove the button? There is no clear documentation in the schematics and manuals.

Yes this is all for cosmetics and not for functionality but would be interesting to have custom buttons on all my regs.

UPDATE

I easily got it off with a razor. All i need to do now is design my logo and find material to print on that is identical to the G250 button. Any ideas?

Just put a piece of wide black electrical tape over it and trim it out carefully with an x-acto knife.
Or get a small piece of black sign vinyl at any sign shop, they will probably just give you some.

If you really want to get all OCD, get some textured polycarbonate sheet (stipple 003 or 005) and print the logo on the reverse side. Sample sheets are often available from membrane switch manufacturers.
That way the logo is protected from scratching and looks OEM.

If you really want to get all OCD, get some textured polycarbonate sheet (stipple 003 or 005) and print the logo on the reverse side. Sample sheets are often available from membrane switch manufacturers.
That way the logo is protected from scratching and looks OEM.
Do you have any online examples?

Alternatively was thinking of making vinyl stickers and placing on top of the existing button and using xacto knife to cut to size. However, this would have a glossy finish and thats not what im going for.

Last edited:
Any updates? Super interested.

I'd like a Titan first stage decal but with blue highlights instead of red. I know, I know...I have a red G250 set that match nicely, I've also got a couple of blue G250s but they don't look as good against the first stages red accents. How's that for OCD.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful. Cheers.

Last edited:
I lightly spray painted over the existing decal and used a foam bush to add a tiny bit of texture to the finish to mimic the original finish. Now I'm looking for some way transfer a design on to the decal. I have everything ready in Photoshop, just looking for the right material. Any body know of anyway to print out a design and transfer?

As I outlined above, the OEM decals are transfer/pad printed on the reverse side then adhesive film applied.
If you can, try the Tekra polycarbonate film which is designed to be inkjet printed on the reverse side, scale from Photoshop then print and add double sided tape.

Back
Top Bottom