Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not a fake visa.
Might depend on the definition. But it is illegal to use a business visa for tourism purposes as far as I know. At least, it is not intended to use it that way.

I’m not sure where this is going? Does @DownUnderwater Dan seriously think that divers are going to apply for special business visa fraudulently so that they can go on illicit dive jaunts? Global holiday travel is pretty much shut down for the next year at best. Get used to it.

I’m as ready as anyone else to go back to Indo but recognize that it’s not happening for a LONG while.

I’m not sure where this is going? Does @DownUnderwater Dan seriously think that divers are going to apply for special business visa fraudulently so that they can go on illicit dive jaunts? Global holiday travel is pretty much shut down for the next year at best. Get used to it.

I’m as ready as anyone else to go back to Indo but recognize that it’s not happening for a LONG while.
He is grasping at straws to keep his narrative alive.

Might depend on the definition. But it is illegal to use a business visa for tourism purposes as far as I know. At least, it is not intended to use it that way.

News from 3 weeks ago. Are you suggesting Kelly Slater surfing in Indonesia lately is illegal? Geez bro, I think you're just the fun police now man

The Social Visa: Wondering How All These Surf Stars Are Cruising Around Indo? Here Ya Go

In this case, “it” is the Indonesian social visa. And if you’re wondering how the likes of Kelly Slater, Strider Wasilewski, and Dino and Kolohe Andino have been able to access Uluwatu, Padang Padang, Java, the Mentawais and other epic, once in a lifetime uncrowded Indo surf spots in recent weeks, wonder no more.

If you’ve been on an Indo trip, you’ll be familiar with the usual tourist entry system: visa exemption on arrival. That’s been offline for months. But another kind of visa — a longer stay entry for foreigners on business, vouched for by an Indonesian sponsor and by their own material wealth — never went offline

I must say that @DownUnderwater Dan (DUD) is easily surpassing some of the greatest trolls of all time on SB. All he does is quote meaningless and unsubstantiated articles from discredited sources then fling criticism at people who point out his codswallop. My favorite was the recent ad for a commercial visa and business broker - did that serve any purpose at all? Are we on Scubaboard served in any way with that information? Especially with regard to going diving in Indonesia.

I think that he derives great satisfaction from the reactions from us who wail at his futile arguments and especially when he flames them personally in his juvenile way. C’mon DUD, monstra mihi pecuniam.

Oh yes, I speak six languages, (because you asked so many times).

News from 3 weeks ago. Are you suggesting Kelly Slater surfing in Indonesia lately is illegal? Geez bro, I think you're just the fun police now man

The Social Visa: Wondering How All These Surf Stars Are Cruising Around Indo? Here Ya Go

In this case, “it” is the Indonesian social visa. And if you’re wondering how the likes of Kelly Slater, Strider Wasilewski, and Dino and Kolohe Andino have been able to access Uluwatu, Padang Padang, Java, the Mentawais and other epic, once in a lifetime uncrowded Indo surf spots in recent weeks, wonder no more.

If you’ve been on an Indo trip, you’ll be familiar with the usual tourist entry system: visa exemption on arrival. That’s been offline for months. But another kind of visa — a longer stay entry for foreigners on business, vouched for by an Indonesian sponsor and by their own material wealth — never went offline

A letter of support from an Indonesian business entity is required, along with proof of US$1500 in immediately available funds. Once equiped, you apply in person to the nearest consulate.

It’s a relatively simple process. Unless you’re an Australian.

“From a US perspective it’s easy,” says Jamie Gray, owner of The Perfect Wave surf travel company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom