Fusion Tech skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a 10 year old Fusion Tech suit with Si Tech rings P-valve, and rock boots for around $750US. The skin is a little worn and at some point I'd like to replace it, but haven't found many stores that carry it. Is it discontinued?

I recently bought a 10 year old Fusion Tech suit with Si Tech rings P-valve, and rock boots for around $750US. The skin is a little worn and at some point I'd like to replace it, but haven't found many stores that carry it. Is it discontinued?

Contact DRIS. They’re your best bet.

This appears to be the old style Velcro only skin (the new style zips on).

Fusion Tech Skin

I’m in the same boat having the “pre Aqualung” whites fusion drysuit. DRIS will assure you the skins will work but it is a bit of a bugger since only the only Velcro is on the wrists and ankles. The skin chest floats, unattached to the inner, when zipped. When unzipped, it is only somewhat held in place by the inflation valve.

Your best bet is to search eBay, the boards, or discount dive gear shops for used or extra skins.

Don’t be afraid to upsize the skin. I own a LG core but dive with a 2X skin. It wears the same, just easier to get into and more comfortable overall.

I’m in the same boat having the “pre Aqualung” whites fusion drysuit. DRIS will assure you the skins will work but it is a bit of a bugger since only the only Velcro is on the wrists and ankles. The skin chest floats, unattached to the inner, when zipped. When unzipped, it is only somewhat held in place by the inflation valve.

My pre-AL Tech Fusion does have the Velcro around the chest zipper as well as wrists/ankles, might want to check particular suit and just call DRIS. After 270 dives in mine, I'm also going to be looking for a skin in the near future, unless I just bite the bullet (yea, really bad pun) and move to Air Core.

Contact Dive Addicts in Utah they have a few for sale but they ended up not being the size I needed.

My pre-AL Tech Fusion does have the Velcro around the chest zipper as well as wrists/ankles, might want to check particular suit and just call DRIS. After 270 dives in mine, I'm also going to be looking for a skin in the near future, unless I just bite the bullet (yea, really bad pun) and move to Dry Core.

You mean AirCore. DryCore is the noisy trash bag suit. AirCore is the newer, quieter one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom