Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can take the xxxcore with you, but the shell will have to stay behind :)

I’m on my 3rd aircore....I really wish they would have contacted me when they found out they had a bad batch, I spent all summer trying to find the leaks...I borrowed a DUI suit to use when I didn’t feel like chasing leaks....I should have just bought one of those in the first place.
Aqualung is sending me (my dive shop) another aircore....: not very hopeful. The first two leaked in the socks. The third was part of the “bad batch” which leaked just about everywhere....fingers crossed

My buddy has the apeks KVR1 and has small leaks at the foot as well.
Last may she returned to the dive shop with it and was advised to wait as it was a known failure and apeks was coming up with a fix for it.
The other day the dive-shop called that repairs at apeks are starting and she got asked to return her drysuit for repairs.
She is getting a new core for the suit.

Just heard from DRIS today. My suit had leaks in the armpits, as well as a small bleed below the inflator valve. The holes have been patched and they're leak testing the suit again before I get it back.

AquaLung sucks donkey balls. I’m about ready to blow my top.

Suit was re-leak tested again today, as per standard procedure. Now a small puncture has been found in one forearm. I’m on the warpath now.

Damn you, AquaLung.

@Marie13 Be interested to know what you learn. My socks are leaking in my suit on the last couple of dives after having the last liner replaced about a year ago. This liner was also made in Mexico.

I just called Mike at DRIS directly and pretty much demanded AL be contacted. I also posted on AL’s FB page. We’ll see if I get any response.

Just got word AL is replacing my AirCore under warranty. Guess I just needed to push a bit.

We’ll see how dry I am with the new one, though!

@Marie13 Be interested to know what you learn. My socks are leaking in my suit on the last couple of dives after having the last liner replaced about a year ago. This liner was also made in Mexico.

Contact your dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom