Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything is under warranty I haven’t paid a cent..it’s just been a hassle. But in the grand scale of things,
I guess I'm lucky that I got the DRIS warranty with my drysuit (I think it was thrown in). They can fix anything.
a very first world problem to have .‍♂️

Everything is under warranty I haven’t paid a cent..it’s just been a hassle. But in the grand scale of things,

a very first world problem to have .‍♂️

Yes, but for a leak test if you didn’t get your suit through the shop, I believe you’d have to pay. Not sure on that, though.

I guess you’ll lose the neoprene socks?

Yes, however, they had their drawbacks. They fit so well I couldn’t wear more than a thick wool sock and a silk liner under them. Fourth Element socks? Haha, no way did they fit. The neoprene were harder to get on, too. With doing Deco Procedures next year, having the ability to wear thicker insulation is a good thing.

Yes, however, they had their drawbacks. They fit so well I couldn’t wear more than a thick wool sock and a silk liner under them. Fourth Element socks? Haha, no way did they fit. The neoprene were harder to get on, too. With doing Deco Procedures next year, having the ability to wear thicker insulation is a good thing.
I will never try to account for money wasted in scuba learning what work for me and what doesn’t. I do like neo feet for the insulation but since I’m always battling foot heavy attitude the ability to add air insulation to my feet would be nice, with size 15 feet my options are limited.

I will never try to account for money wasted in scuba learning what work for me and what doesn’t. I do like neo feet for the insulation but since I’m always battling foot heavy attitude the ability to add air insulation to my feet would be nice, with size 15 feet my options are limited.

Size 15? How do you even find fins to fit? Now wonder you're foot heavy! :D

Picked up my patched suit tonight. Very nice to have MY suit back. We'll see how dry I stay on Lake Michigan Saturday.

Size 15? How do you even find fins to fit? Now wonder you're foot heavy! :D

Picked up my patched suit tonight. Very nice to have MY suit back. We'll see how dry I stay on Lake Michigan Saturday.
It ain’t easy! I have to modify a lot of stuff like using Hollis dry suit boots and grinding the soles to fit my fins, I’m using scubapro GO Sport fins in XL or eddy’s With home made bungee.

Got my suit back Thursday and took it diving on Lake Michigan. Dives weren't so hot (very low viz - 5ft on the Wells Burt, 10-15ft on the Straits of Mackinac wrecks, and some wicked surface current), but it was great to get wet since all my dives last weekend didn't happened.

The guy from the shop who leak tested my suit at the ship was actually crewing the boat yesterday. He said the seams didn't look to be well done. When I took my suit off after the second dive, you could tell (purple smart wool base layer top that showed the leak very well) that my right armpit is leaking again. However, it's not as bad as it was. My wool socks were not wet, so that's good.

I'm not even going to attempt a doubles valve drill until I have the new AirCore. Who knows what that would do to the patched armpits.

Back
Top Bottom