Fusion Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at several different suits before I decided on the Fusion. I am very new at drysuits so I did a lot of research and tried on a number of suits. The Fusion gives me more sizing options and easier bubble management. I don't do a lot cave/wreck diving but do a lot of shore entries so durability is an issue but not the major one. I also have some physical limitations with shoulder rotation and back flexibility so I need a suit that is easy to get on/off and one I can move in without significant restrictions.

I am on a limited budget and costs are important to me. I looked for a suit with a lot of value....bang for the buck. I don't dive everyday and when I do it is strictly recreactional; no exteme tech-stuff for me...too old and too beat up.

My body proportions seem to be an issue with every suit I tried on. I just don't fit the "off the rack" suits and custom is too expensive for me. Having a flexible sizing option was very important to me. I was looking at a 7mm wetsuit but could not find one that fit me and one that I could actually get into without rolling in Crisco first.

The Fusion was my choice for all these reasons.

Value...flexible sizing options...durability suited to my intended use...cost in line with my budget...flexibility and ease of doning/doffing to allow for my physical limitiations and ease of use for a newbie drysuit diver.

BTW, I went with both a Lycra (Sport) skin and the LTD Edition with pockets. The Ltd, Edition allows the use of the new Fusion boots or any other boot you wish to wear. I have large wide feet so I need boot options.

I hope it all works out. Mine is on order and I should get it this week.

I'v been smashed on rocks, crawled over barnacles, wiggled through wrecks & done battle with psychotic boat ladders. After something like 150 dives I have a small hole in the knee pad of my Tech skin, courtesy of a boat ladder. Even the seals are still in great condition. The core has never been breached. I occasionally get a trickle of water down my neck.

Don't mention the pockets. Bloody things are a victory of style over substance. Mine will be coming off before those ridiculous plastic drainage things fall completely apart.

Attachments

• Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 48
Wow this thread exploded after a few days. Thanks for all the input guys. It looks as if skin durability is the only issue so that's not too big of a deal. Wasn't planning on getting a skin right away but was shooting for the ltd. tech skin in the long run, hopefully they improve upon it by then. Thanks again everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom