Fusion impressions - 20 dives later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just think of it as new clothes....spring is coming and you need a new wardrobe :D

That's exact how I'm going to explain it to the wife :crafty: I noticed that you guys are getting the Oceanic OC1 at the end of the month. Have you had a chance to use it. It looks like a nice piece, and I will need accessories for my new wardrobe..... I'm soooo in the dog house :rofl3:

That's exact how I'm going to explain it to the wife :crafty: I noticed that you guys are getting the Oceanic OC1 at the end of the month. Have you had a chance to use it. It looks like a nice piece, and I will need accessories for my new wardrobe..... I'm soooo in the dog house :rofl3:

I played with a Demo, a few months ago...its SWEET!!!! I cant wait for them to be released!!! I already have a few on Pre-order....good savings on those too:eyebrow: LOL

Jim, I am glad the suit is working out for you.........I have looked at and tried on a suit at the Toronto Outdoor show, and while the suit looks and feels good I could not get past the "over the hill, should be retired super hero, where is my cape" look. Eric was very nice in trying to convince me that it's fine.....but not sure if I would have guts (as visible as they were) to step foot on a local dive charter sporting tight latex + doubles :)

But who knows, it might be like the new armour in "The Nights Tale" that all the other knights laughed about and then were impressed by the mobility of.

I would need to actually dive one to see if I like it and want to spend the $ on. Eric? Tyler?
Hey Tamas,
You are right I could talk about the suit until I am blue in the face; I know it works and the rest of the crazy world knows it works, but to truly be 120% sold you need to jump this suit and you will see what everyone is raving about it. If you are like me sometimes that is what it takes. With this being said Aqua Sub in Richmond Hill Ontario will be becoming a demo store and coming on board with some suits for training and demoing. So if this is what its going to take for you to pull the trigger, stop off and visit Jessica or Norbert as they will be getting suits in stock soon and be more than happy to help you out.

.....Ž¿? retired super hero, where is my cape....?Ž¿ Think of it more like being opening minded and cutting edge. Besides it really doesnt look much different than a wet suit does it?? Ha, ha or you can most certainly feel like super hero as you wipe the boogies off your face from your 60 min dive ...ah diving such a sexy sport. .....SPORT? Can it be called that.... there is no winning or losing does that make it a hobby..?????

There is only two ways to dive naked or dry :devil:

Jim, I am glad the suit is working out for you.........I have looked at and tried on a suit at the Toronto Outdoor show, and while the suit looks and feels good I could not get past the "over the hill, should be retired super hero, where is my cape" look. Eric was very nice in trying to convince me that it's fine.....but not sure if I would have guts (as visible as they were) to step foot on a local dive charter sporting tight latex + doubles :)

But who knows, it might be like the new armour in "The Nights Tale" that all the other knights laughed about and then were impressed by the mobility of.

I would need to actually dive one to see if I like it and want to spend the $ on. Eric? Tyler?

You can do it! It's so worth it! And when you lose those "guts" :wink: you won't need a new one!! :D

Hi, everyone.
Only 6 months ago I purchased a brand new DUI CLX 450 to replace my old DUI CLX. So I am not a total novice in a drysuit diving. But several months ago I started reading about Fusion and was sold on the idea. I am a tall female with very slim buit, so all traditional shell suits have plenty of room - I was always forced to buy larger sizes to fit my height but I always ended up with wide suits. It means lots of folds and unnesessary internal space, drag and stiffness. I could only dream of being streamlined and having good flexibility/mobility in water.
I researched Fusion and decided to sell my DUI and buy the Fusion. I sold my DUI for next to nothing and got a credit card (one more) to buy the Fusion. As I am from Australia I had not been able to find a dealer here and wrote to Whites (through Scubaboard). Justin replied and directed me to Mike from Dive Right in Scuba.
Mike, I am sorry to have become your new Australian nightmare! I felt guilty for torturing Mike at all hours with hundreds of questions regarding thye suit, the pricing, the accessories and whatever my determined mind could come up with. Mike has made an offer which was impossible to refuse and here I am - a happy new owner of the Fusion, along with undergarments, boots, spare seals, repair kit and even gifts. Mike was totally great and got himself a very devoted and exptremely happy customer in years to come.
First I will say about the only thing that is still problematic with the suit - the seals come pre-cut and they are still too wide for my sinewy ansd scrawny neck. If Whites could have uncut seals as well as pre-cut it would be perfect.
From months' worth of research I expected the Fusion to be great but I did not expect it to be THAT fantastic! It is still pretty warm here in Sydney (about 65F water temp) but I already put my wetsuit in storage. My Fusion is so incredibly comfortable, soft, light and streamlined that I have no need for the most perfect wetsuit ( and I own the most perfect one). No squeeze to speak of, no unnecessary space inside the suit, no folds, no drag, no air bubble. This is the easiest suit to don and doff, I had never had the suit that is So easy to put on and off ( and I had my share of suits). I tried it on with the DUI Polartec, with Whites polypropylene, with different fleeces - perfect with anything you put on. I tried to do wild underwater gymnastics in it - flexibility and comfort is incredible, I could not believe I was diving in the drysuit, not naked. I am terribly fussy with suits and up until now I was spending fortunes (on credit cards, unfortunately) on suits, trying to find a perfect one. Now that I found Fusion my search has stopped for many years until Whites will come up with even more revolutions, which I believe will happen. My elegant dive style includes entering water by sliding on my bottom over all barnacles and sharp rock edges (that is why I went for the toughest DUI suit before). I also have another habit of gracefully wedging myself between rocks underwater in order to fix my position so I could communicate with my favority creatures for a long time and have my hands free for interaction with them (do not ask, otherwise I will lose all my credibility as a wannabe serious diver). Well, the Sports skin holds on well as promised. I try not to abuse it that much (yet) but I can see that it is stretching but does not tear. It gets some burn, like velcro burn from cordura BCD but it is not a problem. And the very important part - the pricing! Besides of Mike being kind and generous, Fusion suits are very well priced, they are affordable and well worth getting into debt. I am thinking of renting out my boyfriend for a day to get Whites MK2 (can you believe the flap for easy and hygienic relief in a washroom), or other even warmer undergarments. The water here gets down to 53F... Eeveryone knows how crammy boat toilets could be so the flap is fantastic. Normally you would have to pull down an upper part of the undergarment jumpsuit (if you do not own separates) and hold sleeves withy your teeth to avoid them getting, oh, whatever they can get into... With rear flap everything is easy and you do not have to pull all upper part down.
Having written such romantic part above, I just want to thank Whites (thanks, Tyler for instructions on care. Thanks, Justin, fo directing me to Mike and for further instructions and letters). I also want to say huge thanks to Mike at Dive Right in Scuba - I will be coming back for all my equipment needs, so your Australian nightmare has not ended with the first sunrays in the morning.
I am so happy that I have bought my Fusion - I am in love with it. :)

Last edited:
One more thing to add - we had the Oztec 2009 exhibition here in Australia and it is a great pity that Fusion was not represented.

One more thing to add - we had the Oztec 2009 exhibition here in Australia and it is a great pity that Fusion was not represented.

Not a nightmare at all!!!! Its been great helping you and getting you into the suit of your dreams!:cool2: Great writeup and cant wait to hear how much more you like it when you get more dives.

Have a great time diving Galina

Thanks, Mike, I will have great fun now that I have Fusion.

hey how durable is the tech skin i am interested in getting one but i like to wreck dive and was worried about the fusion skin getting snagged and ripped

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom