Fusion Bullet LG/XL - is this normal? suspender length seems short.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reku

Contributor
Reaction score
Great Lakes + Northern Florida + Marsh Harbor
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am 6'0 175lb and while the suit fits and everything works as expected (owned for 2 months - have 50 dives on it so far) It seems my suspenders are a little shorter then then every single picture of every other fusion bullet I've seen. The webbing part seems to be about 12" long and connects to the back part - I have to have the suspenders at their maximum length in order to wear the suit. I've seen pictures where they seem to have at least 6"-8" of unused webbing. Pictures below.

Maybe it just fits perfectly who knows. Even my Thermal Fusion undersuit fits fine under it. I was just curious...

_IMG_000000_000000.jpgIMG_20151221_000835140.jpg

I have the same size suit and the front suspender measures 17.5" from where the Velcro is sewn on up front to the sewn over end that threads through the buckle...I'm about 6' and 180 and need to run them pretty much full out too.

you might double check that the suspenders havent gotten caught up in the suspenders guide tab as this can happen and trap several inches of suspenders below the suit belt loops. I think DRIS had a write up on this happening.

the larger sizes come with longer suspenders iirc. i have a pair of 24 inch suspenders on my fusion. ask your LDS about getting a longer pair.

I am 6'0 175lb and while the suit fits and everything works as expected (owned for 2 months - have 50 dives on it so far) It seems my suspenders are a little shorter then then every single picture of every other fusion bullet I've seen. The webbing part seems to be about 12" long and connects to the back part - I have to have the suspenders at their maximum length in order to wear the suit. I've seen pictures where they seem to have at least 6"-8" of unused webbing. Pictures below.

Maybe it just fits perfectly who knows. Even my Thermal Fusion undersuit fits fine under it. I was just curious...

View attachment 221410View attachment 221411

I have to dive my Fusion Sport without the suspenders (advice I got from DRIS). With the suspenders on, the suit feels a bit too short and I can feel it pulling my toes. Without the suspenders, surprisingly it fits perfectly.

Not sure what kind of a design choice that would be, but if they don't match the suit size I would think they are simply not working properly

I'm 6'3" and the suspenders was the first thing I ditched (thought it was gonna tear the liner). Being tall and slim is tough with dive gear(had to modify my large BC and still have issues with it riding up my waist). I'm going to see if I can get another 6" added to the legs of mine. The SI neck ring crushes me every dive.

Back
Top Bottom