full masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Can i have some information about full masks , like for example - Can we use a full mask with a rebreather ? Thinks like this.Thanks for the help(send me some good links )

The m48 is an outstanding ffm for rebreather operations unfortunately Kirby Morgan is dragging their feet in making it available to rec divers. It is currently only being offered to the military and select commercial operations. I would keep ckecking with thenm though, It is an outstanding mask.

The Kirby-Morgan is ideal for rebreathers, at least when it will be readily available.
Most full-face masks can be converted for RB use. Masks like the scubapro or Mantis are usually a bit less involved. Masks with seperate oral/nasal and eye compartments are usually a bit more involved. The inhaled air flows past the faceshield to keep it fog free, which works well on OC. With the warm, moist RB air it'll fog. So airlow needs to be redirected. Those kind of masks for the recreational and professional market are the Interspiro (AGA) and Oceanreef.
As the AGA is probably the most sold FFM, many custom bits and parts are available, including RB adapters, RB adapters with integrated bailout etc..

There are several threads here dealing with RBs and FFMs. Use the search function with searchwords like FFM, M-48, AGA, and you'll get to them.

Back
Top Bottom