Full Foot Slit Fins Question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squasher

Registered
Reaction score
(note: I already have a pair of scuba diving fins)

Hello :D

I am interested in buying a pair of full foot split fins for playing around in a lake or swimming pool and have some questions.

1) does the size listed for the fin fit a bare foot or is it sized for use with some kind of sock or bootie? :huh:

2) Out of the 4 listed below. What would be the best to use for playing around? :huh: I don't want a lot of power, I don't want to get tired, and I don't want to kick little kids (at least not accidentally) or other people while I'm using them. The lake where I go is fairly crowded during the summer. I think a shorter fin would be better.

a) Scubapro Twin Speed Full Foot Fins
b) Tusa Xpert Zoom Full Foot Split Fins
c) Oceanic Vortex V-6 Full Foot Split Fins
d) Apollo Full Foot Bio UNI Fin

Has anyone had experience with any of these fins, good or bad? :huh:

:scubadive Thanks

I've had the Apollos for a year. I like them very much. It did take me a bit to get used to splits, but I can make them fly now. LeisurePro has them on sale for $49. That's 1/2 what I paid! I have the Tusa as a strap fin. I like it too!

I have the Tusa Xpert Zoom. It is the only slanted splitfin (supposedly for better propulsion angle). I love it and use it all the time. The trick with split fins is to use small flutter kicks, large kicks will make you very unstable and inefficient. I believe it is longer than the ScubaPro Twin jets, but not that much. I've heard good reviews of all 4 fins, so I don't think you'd go wrong with any of them.
Dive safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom