Full foot fins - large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all - could anyone recommend a pair of full foot fins for a male U.S. size 14? It seems many only go up to size 12 or 13. Thanks!

You're going to have a hard time finding a 'full foot' fin that will comfortably fit a 14......I'm a 14 and have a set but it's rated XL, 12-13.......( don't use them any more) and I could only wear them bare footed......

Hello all - could anyone recommend a pair of full foot fins for a male U.S. size 14? It seems many only go up to size 12 or 13. Thanks!

:D

Fins

MCFF-2.jpg

The following size chart is based on divers wearing 3mm or 5mm neoprene socks:
Selecting the Proper Fin Size
Your Foot SizeAnd Wearing 3mm
Neoprene Socks
And Wearing 5mm
Neoprene Socks
Size 4 footOrder size 4-5Order size 4-5
Size 4 ½ footOrder size 4-5Order size 4-5
Size 5 footOrder size 4-5Order size 4-5
Size 5 ½ footOrder size 4-5Order size 6-7
Size 6 footOrder size 6-7Order size 6-7
Size 6 ½ footOrder size 6-7Order size 6-7
Size 7 footOrder size 6-7Order size 6-7
Size 7 ½ footOrder size 6-7Order size 8-9
Size 8 footOrder size 8-9Order size 8-9
Size 8 ½ footOrder size 8-9Order size 8-9
Size 9 footOrder size 8-9Order size 8-9
Size 9 ½ footOrder size 8-9Order size 10-11
Size 10 footOrder size 10-11Order size 10-11
Size 10 ½ footOrder size 10-11Order size 10-11
Size 11 footOrder size 10-11Order size 10-11
Size 11 ½ footOrder size 10-11Order size 12-13
Size 12 footOrder size 12-13Order size 12-13
Size 12 ½ footOrder size 12-13Order size 12-13
Size 13 footOrder size 12-13Order size 12-13
Size 13 ½ footOrder size 12-13Order size 14-15
Size 14 footOrder size 14-15Order size 14-15
Size 14 ½ footOrder size 14-15Order size 14-15
Size 15 footOrder size 14-15Order size 14-15
Size 15 ½ footOrder size 14-15Order size 14-15

If you're looking for a pair of size 14 full-foot fins with a conventional blade length, you might take a leaf out of the book of the Australian underwater photographer below, who grew weary of the narrow range of expensive "space-age materials" closed-heel fins available at his local dive store. He explored his local sporting goods store instead, where he located a pair of Eyeline fins with sizes up to US 14-15:
91050.png

My favourite kit - Pete Atkinson - Divernet
If, like me or the Australian underwater photographer Pete Atkinson above, you're a fan of traditional all-rubber full-foot fins, then you can get them in a very large range of sizes.

This is what Pete says about his choice of fins: "I currently use the best fins I have ever used, but no dive store in Cairns will stock them, as they aren't profitable enough. They are orange and blue, Malaysian rubber fins by Eyeline, available from a local sports shop for £20. From new, I could snorkel for a couple of hours without any hint of blisters. They are stiff enough that I can push a Seacam housing around all day. For the diving I do, such full-foot fins are by far the best. Manufacturers continue to dream up fancy expensive gimmicks to extract more money from us. I'll concede that a few of these might actually be useful but, offhand, I can't think of any."

The orange and blue full-foot fins Pete is grasping in his photograph are Eyeline Floating Dive Fins. They're sold in the USA and Australia and you can get them in sizes up to US 14-15:
Eyeline Swim/Dive Pool Training Fins, DV 4000 - Allswim.com
A few years ago I ordered a pair of these fins from the American online retailer William B. Hugg, Inc (AllSwim.com). I remember them arriving here in the UK quite quickly.

Hope this helps to solve the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom