Full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys so I was looking around on craig list and I found an interpiro full face mask that I purchased for very cheap from an ex fireman. . The seller claims that it can be very easily converted into a diving mask. Is this plausable and if so how might it be done?

Not that difficult. You'll need to replace and add a few things. The round visor will need to go, the exhaust housing needs to be replaced. You'll need to add the equalizing assembly and most likely change out the check valves in the oral/nasal pocket. You'll probably want to have it overhauled while you're at it. And I'd also recommend that you have the positive pressure converted to demand. This would need to be done by a trained technician.

What's the price, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me with it if you want.

Like the original poster, I am considering a FFM - but my reason is simply jaw fatigue. After a long dive my jaw and ear will hurt for a week so I am trying to dive with my jaw relaxed and breathing at least partly through my nose.

To those of you who have used the two piece Kirby model ( or it's clones) - my understanding was that it is defined to be used with a mouthpiece. Is this the case? Does anyone out there use the Kirby without a mouthpiece clamped between your teeth? Can you breath through your nose?

( I am considering the new OTS model at this time, but nothing is decided yet)

Thanks.

Hello John,

With the M-48, you cannot breath through your nose, the mask and the pod are separate. I've dived with the mouthpiece out a fair amount through the dive, the mouthpiece sorta rests on your lip. There aren't any clones of the M-48, not sure where that came from, I saw that as well in an earlier post. The JMC mask was an M-48 made by KMDSI. It's a good mask, especially for tech or rebreathers. I dive and AGA mask, but will be switching to the OTS Guardian when it's available.

im looking to buy a used KIRBY MORGAN EXO-26 FULL FACE DIVING MASK any clues for me please here is my work Cell 1 (916) 627-8516

Back
Top Bottom