Full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few months ago I started diving a ffm. The only drawback I'm having is equalizing.

I'm using a Kirby Morgan EXO-26 which is overkill for recreational diving, but I absolutely love the comfort.

The Kirby Morgan M48 has a soft nose pocket much like a conventional SCUBA mask so you can just pinch your nose to equilize. I never liked the AGA because you had to basically make a nose block to fit your face and push the whole mask in to use it. I suspect the EXO-26 has a similar problem.

Good suggestions guys. I've been researching and the Morgan mask looks good, but I've been wondering what have people been hearing about the predator?

I've used the KM for PSD, and it's a nice piece of kit. Not cheap though.

Good suggestions guys. I've been researching and the Morgan mask looks good, but I've been wondering what have people been hearing about the predator?

Do a search on Reef masks. They are not well thought of masks from what I have read here. I tried a Predator on, and it fit well. However the mask just looks cheap, and doesn't look like it would be durable. For the money there just seems to be better options.

Reef masks, aren't they made by the same company that designed the Ronco Vegamatic?
They are cheaply made. I call them the Ocean Grief mask. I would avoid them and go with the other FFM listed above like a KM or an AGA.

Actually, I dive with the Ocean REEF Space mask every weekend and it is wonderful. The only difference between this one and the predator is the material of the clamping band, cover, and adjustment knob. The mask is well made and durable. I would do some more research into this mask, or any Ocean REEF mask, before taking a single person's bad experience as word.

Actually, I dive with the Ocean REEF Space mask every weekend and it is wonderful. The only difference between this one and the predator is the material of the clamping band, cover, and adjustment knob. The mask is well made and durable. I would do some more research into this mask, or any Ocean REEF mask, before taking a single person's bad experience as word.

Problem is that it's many diver's experience with this equipment that has resulted in the reputation. It was a gas mask adapted to diving and not well at that. I'm guessing that you've not dived another mask. Does this look familiar?

SGE 1000 Gas Mask from Approved Gas Masks

Hey guys so I was looking around on craig list and I found an interpiro full face mask that I purchased for very cheap from an ex fireman. . The seller claims that it can be very easily converted into a diving mask. Is this plausable and if so how might it be done?

Some version of the interspiro SCBA can be adapted for diving, not all. I sold a lens to a guy that converted one. The mask lens needs to be flat, not round for example. Need to add a noseblock, etc.

Back
Top Bottom