Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used a full face mask with communications. I am looking at the Neptune Space and was wondering if anyone had any other info about FFM's in general. Any kind of information is helpful.

I've used all kinds, from Kirby Morgan bandmasks, and EXO-26 and the AGA and a lot of old school General Aquadynes, etc.. I believe the AGA is an awesome FFM. The price is right. It is used by virtually all military and public safety organizations. I am a certified tech on the AGA. They are dependable and fit most faces. OTS makes a good com unit called the Buddy Phone. I find it works pretty good. I also use OTS military grade comm which is even better. AGAs have good resale values. Friends don't let friends dive Neptunes.

I have had a good amount of stick time on most FFM's on the market today and must agree with the three previous posts. Look at what indviduals who earn a paycheck (military, search & rescue/recovery, commercial divers...) by diving are using as far as full-face masks go. You will find out that the vast majority have their faces firmly and proudly planted in an Interspiro Divator MK II (AGA) full-face mask. You will be hard pressed to find any public safety dive team in North America, or even world-wide for that matter, that will show up to a call-out with any Ocean Reef gear in thier kit. You will never see an Ocean Reef full-face mask on the ANU (Authorized for Navy Use) list - the U.S. Navy calls the AGA mask the MK20.

Price, alone, shouldn't be the deciding factor when deciding on somthing as important as a life-support system. Think it over, ask those who know and learn from their mistakes. There is a good reason why you'll see a disproportunate amount of Ocean Reef FFM's over AGA's on eBay: They tried Ocean Reef FFM's and hate them, it's that simple.

Welcome to SB Liquid Lung!

For PSD, Military etc. The OTS Interspiro Divator MKII (AGA) paired with an OTS comm system is a great choice. It's U.S. Navy approved and Scuba Diving Magazine called it the overall best of the integrated full-face masks in a recent review of full face masks.

Here's another idea. We're currently running a ScubaBoard member special on a great system for the serious sport diver. It's a pretty incredible value-Check it out here: OTS MASK/COM SPECIAL

Rap

Used the AGA with OTS Buddy Phone and OTS 2010.
The AGA is a high quality mask and has an excellent second stage.
Both of considerable higher quality than the Ocean Reef products.

The OTS comms work very well, the 2010 has more power/range and options,
but is larger, heavier and more expensive. Unless you have a need for the
features the Buddy Phone will serve you well.

Most important thing about a FFM is fit though.
The AGA covers a pretty good range of face sizes,
but make sure it fits before you buy.

IMHO, the Ocean Reef is pretty much at the bottom of the list,
in the "Don't Buy. Period" section. I would take just about any other
FFM over it as long as it fits, the Kirby-Morgan, Dräger, Poseidon,
Scubapro or Mantis.

rapidiver:
Welcome to SB Liquid Lung!

For PSD, Military etc. The OTS Interspiro Divator MKII (AGA) paired with an OTS comm system is a great choice. It's U.S. Navy approved and Scuba Diving Magazine called it the overall best of the integrated full-face masks in a recent review of full face masks.

Here's another idea. We're currently running a ScubaBoard member special on a great system for the serious sport diver. It's a pretty incredible value-Check it out here: OTS MASK/COM SPECIAL

Rap

Bump...That's a real fine price...:D

Yeh, I love the AGA but equip it with the same comm system and your looking close to $1500.00. Usually out of range for your average diver

does anyone know if theres a good FFM with corrective lens? I know my name saids cavern diver but i am full cave cert and on long dives my jaw feels like it's going to fall off. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom