Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PWCPD Diver:
I use an "AGA" full face with "OTS" comm system. This system is both hardline or wireless.

I also use the above with wireless-been real happy with the reliability and performance:wink:

Poog

I just purchased a brand new Poseidon Full Face Mask and am very disappointed. I’m an experienced scientific diver and have been in the industry for many years. My father went through one of the first LA County Dive Instructor Courses.

My brand new Poseidon Atmosphere Full Face Mask came with a bent servo right out of the box. Poseidon charged me $60 in labor to repair a brand new almost $1000 piece of equipment that was faulty.

The Poseidon Atmosphere’s mask straps are plastic and very fragile.

Also, while Poseidon tries to imply that the Positive Pressure regulator is based on their old proven Jetstream: this is FALSE. While it may look like a Jetstream it is a completely different regulator.

DO NOT BUY A POSEIDON ATMOSPHERE! In over thirty years in the business I’ve never been treated worse by a SCUBA manufacturer.

aausdiver1:
I just purchased a brand new Poseidon Full Face Mask and am very disappointed. I’m an experienced scientific diver and have been in the industry for many years. My father went through one of the first LA County Dive Instructor Courses.

My brand new Poseidon Atmosphere Full Face Mask came with a bent servo right out of the box. Poseidon charged me $60 in labor to repair a brand new almost $1000 piece of equipment that was faulty.

The Poseidon Atmosphere’s mask straps are plastic and very fragile.

Also, while Poseidon tries to imply that the Positive Pressure regulator is based on their old proven Jetstream: this is FALSE. While it may look like a Jetstream it is a completely different regulator.

DO NOT BUY A POSEIDON ATMOSPHERE! In over thirty years in the business I’ve never been treated worse by a SCUBA manufacturer.

What kind of response did you get from them? I'm curious about the reason for this not being a warrantee issue. Did they say why you've been charged? Was this from Poseidon/Viking Trelleborg or a local dealer?

Seadiver5:
I can tell you that I have never actually met a seasoned full face mask diver who has dove with both masks that has ever preferred the aga over the kirby morgan.

OTS makes com units for all the popular masks as does everyone else who manufacturers communications for the diving industry.

Well, "De gustabus non disputandem!" as they used to say, and various folks have various preferences.

Obviously we have never met, because I have dived the EXO, (and have one), but the AGA is my weapon of choice, and I have been involved in Public Safety Diving for 15 years now.

As for comms, OTS makes the absolute best, bar none!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom