Solved: Full Face Mask Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Akimbo

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I think it might be time to add a Full Face Mask (FFM) forum to ScubaBoard. It can be confusing for members to figure out where to post or find FFM threads. Most members post them in Fins, Masks & Snorkels under the Diving Gear category. FFM threads can also be found in the Regulators and Diving Into New Gear forums. Existing FFM threads can be moved into the new forum if the consensus is to create it.

Please up or downvote this suggestion to help us decide if there is enough interest to create this new forum..

1657034144225.png

Agree, and "up-voted".

Upvote, not because I dive FFM, but rather for safety reasons. I regularly see people express interest in FFM, or sometimes diving with one, while being uninformed of the risks/complications/skills/downsides associated.

Sounds like a good idea to me, too.

Is the "upvote/downvote" thing a new feature? I don't recall having ever seen it on the site before...

Up-voted. Maybe organize the forum to include band masks and helmets?

Do you mean commercial diving helmets or helmets like cave and PSDs use? IMO, hats like this Kirby Morgan or the one in my Avatar are probably better discussed in the Commercial Divers forum because they are too heavy for Scuba.

1657139559940.png

One of the main objectives is to make it easier for members to figure out the best forum for their thread and to help all readers know where to look for them.

Is the "upvote/downvote" thing a new feature?

Yes, it is part of the September update to ScubaBoard but it took use a while to figure out the best way to use it.

It is one of the new Thread Types which include:
  • General discussion (like ScubaBoard has always had)
  • Poll (like we have always had but is now a Thread Type)
  • Article (like ScubaBoard Articles and the ScubaBoard Knowledge Base)
  • Suggestion (this is the only Suggestion forum so far)
  • Question

Thread types are selected when a new thread is created and the types are limited by the forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom