full face mask and comm center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok got the go ahead to start getting prices on full face masks and communication system.
can you all suggest a full face mask and communication system and list why you like them , thanks

Go with a hard wire system. Wireless has it's problems.

Gary D.

Get with John Hott, Ocean Technology Systems. He is very willing to help. There are also articles that can help you with thru water vs. hard wire. Check their website. OTS sells communication gear and full face masks.

As far as the full face mask, the Interspiro Diveator (also know as the AGA) is generally referred to as the "Gold Standard". the AGA should be equipped with "safety pressure" to be recognized as Hazmat compatible. There are other full face masks that other teams use. If you search this board you will find everyone's opinion. If you get a chance, try them yourself and make a team decision.

PM me for more info if you are interested.

My recommendation is AGA with OTS coms in them. We have both hardwire and wireless set up as an AGA with OTS is compatible for both.

My main reason.., one word - Dependability.
With this being our only FFM/Comm system for years now, and with our program logging literally thousands of dives a year in all conditions and climates..., there has never been an issue. They are simply that good.

I don't like to "advertise" but I would like an opportunity to bid on your equipment. Dive Rescue International sells several brands of full face masks, including the Interspiro AGA mask, the OTS Guardian mask and masks and helmets provided by Diving Systems International. We also sell communication systems (hardwired and wireless). We are a company that is owned by public safety divers and we will work hard to give you and other PSD teams the most "bang for the buck."

Please speak with Patrick Kitchens and ask for the "bid price" (our BEST price). He can be reached at 800-248-3483.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Fraternally,

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveRescueIntl.com

Aside from AGA, i have only dove the EXO 26. AGA fits my face better and is a less heavy FFM for me.

With the AGA, I would recommend the ABV (Ambient Breathing Valve) for when you are suited up and on the surface, for stanby/ backup diver positions et cet.

As far as gas switching, I have used both the Kirby Morgan block and the Sartek RSV 1, and I am partial to the Sartek.

Ditto on the hardwire (much better sound transmit and receive and doesn't require the wireless battery packs, and doubles as a tending line in addition to the comms) and OTS comms.

May want to also ask around if those who use AGA's prefer positive or non positive pressure masks.

John

Last edited:
I demoed both hard wired and wireless comm units and "for our team's specific needs", the wireless system was a better choice. The wired did have better sound clarity but would limit us on some of our dives. We just purchased 3 Interspiro DivatorII AGA masks positive pressure with OTS ambient breathing valves installed, and OTS SSB-2010 comm units with EMA-2 mic assemblies for the AGA's, and an OTS STX-101 surface unit with the THB-101 headset with boom mic. We purchased all of our stuff from Dive Rescue International, because noone came close to the deal that they gave us. Give them a call because they will cut you a deal way under what is listed on their online price sheet. We saved over $1,100.

Johnny M.

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get a well priced/good quality full faced mask with 2-way communication? I prefer to start off with two masks (full communication) and work my way up into about 4 or so. Regardless, I want to have the full communication (speak and listen) with all masks.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom