full face mask and comm center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go with the OTS Guardian, same comm systems but your maintenance costs will be much less.

Medic13-

Thanks for the information.
Quick question, are all full face masks enabled to fully communicate with correct units?

For example:
Lets say I already have a full face mask, would I just be able to buy a communication system of another brand or does it have to be a set?

Also, with the Divator MKII - If I have 2 masks will we able to fully communicate with each other (speak and listen) while underwater? I noticed the MK-7 isn't used for underwater. :bonk:
What would you suggest?

Thanks so much:cool2:

Thanks TC-

Does the OTS Guardian come with the comm systems or do these full face masks have separate comm units?

I am not too familiar with them I am trying to learn as much as possible about them :cool2:

TC-

Other than OTS are there other full comm units you can suggest or had any experience with? I want to expand my horizons with these FFM's

yes but if you ask 90% of the team use that mask referred to as the aga mask some use wireless some use wired comm systems . anyway just do your research was going to go to the guardian mask but they had some trouble may in future but for now we using the AGA mask with wired comm system due to the reliability . you get the ear piece and mic and you can communicate with each other .

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get a well priced/good quality full faced mask with 2-way communication? I prefer to start off with two masks (full communication) and work my way up into about 4 or so. Regardless, I want to have the full communication (speak and listen) with all masks.

Thank you.

Are you planning to have four divers in the water at one time? Or do you mean you want to have four mask sets with communications capability?

For one to two divers use the AGA or Guardian mask that are the PSD standard and install OTS hot mic's with hard wire umbilicles to a shore station equipeted with a tender's headset with noise canciling mic. Attach the umbilicle to a polypropoline line (3/8" is probably fine) for added strength and to reduce strain on the umbilicle wire.

If you want total freedom for the diver, and you don't mind not knowing where they are after they stop talking, than go with the wireless/through the water communication system.

Last edited:
TC-

Other than OTS are there other full comm units you can suggest or had any experience with? I want to expand my horizons with these FFM's

MichalisDive,

What is your dive enviroment and dive conditions? They really should play a role in your communication choice. The OTS Guardian is really just a recreational mask. The Divitar MKII AGA is the standard by which all other full face masks are judged, and most others just simply fall short of the durability and reliability of the AGA.

this is to be honest the norm and most likely iif you contact dive rescue international they will set you up with.
"For one to two divers use the AGA or Guardian mask that are the PSD standard and install OTS hot mic's with hard wire umbilical to a shore station equipped with a tender's headset with noise canceling mic. Attach teh umbilical to a polypropylene line (3/8" is probably fine) for added strength and to reduce etrain on the umbilical wire"

We looked at different FFM Our team opted to go with the AGAs with the hard wired umbilical / polypropylene line as medic 13 mentions. The Guardian looks like it will be a good FFM but being proven in the PSD world we went AGA. We also found Dive Rescue International to offer the best prices.

Back
Top Bottom