full face mask and comm center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use the the Divitar MKII AGA with both wireless and hard-wire...We search a lot of ships and find the ships hull interferes with the wireless reception..The hard-wire as you can imagine has its own set of problems under ships dockside....

Our team uses AGA MK2 FFM from Interspiro with 4 wire communications from OTS which is pretty much the standard across the PSD community.

Our team purchased our first set from OTS and they did a great job. Mike P the president brought out a ton of demo gear both wired and wireless for us to try before we made the purchase. We had a ful day with the gear to try it our. We purchased 6 masks with full comms, two 150's comm wire and a MK-2 and MK-7. The MK-7 is portable and works well and the MK-2 is a great unit but a bit bigger. We use the MK-2 more for training and demonstrations becuase you can put the divers on speaker. It also has mor power 10 watts I believe over the MK-7's 2 or 5 watts I can remember. We used our MK-2 in a demonstration for the Governor of Connecticut to get some additional funds to purchse more masks, rope and MK-7.

John Hott from OTS brought the gear out and helped us inservice in a local pool as well as taught 6 of our team members the Interspiro technician class. He did a great job and was a tremendous help in getting our gear operational.

On our second time around we did purchase our masks from a local Interspiro dealer in Connecticut and added the Gill surface air valve. Their prices were the most competitive out of the three bids we received. For a volunteer dive team we have to do everything we can to stretch the funds. We stayed with OTS for our comm gear. After our purchase I was informed that DRI does offer this equipment and is very PSD friendly. They have been great for other PSD equipment and my guess is they would be competitive with Masks and Comm gear as well.

We did try the Kirby Morgan EXO-26 but it was bulkier, more bouyant and seemed to have a more restricte field of vision.

The Guardian was not available when we made our first purchase in 2001 and was not officially released when we made our last purchase in 2008. The mask looks like it has potential but OTS has said that they only intended to complete in the recreational market. Combined with the recall they had after it was finally released and I would say it has a ways to go before it is a suitable alternative to the MK2.

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom