Full Cave in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC:
One point not mentioned yet. Suppose you are already a highly skilled diver and could pass full cave in 8 straight days.

You will be beat, dead exhausted by day 4. I mean *** dragging wasted. Doing cavern and intro back to back is hard enough on the body and mind. Long days of concentrated work on skills, both new and old followed by a mad dash to consume enough food to quell the raging hunger and then its time to hit the books until the we hours of the morning.

You are correct. There is a lot to absorb,and not much time to reinforce those skills and lectures. When you are tired,physically and mentally you start to make mistakes,and no longer actively learning,just doing.

tlessard:
Hi, my brother and I are flying in to Tampa Sept 3-9 and we are interested in getting a full cave cert that week. I'll need a list of cert requirements for the course. I am a DM, but my bro is only OW and Nitrox...obviously, he knows how to dive quite well as we were both OW together 5 years ago and he's been just about everywhere I've been, but no $$ for the certs. Any help in locating the right place, agency, and instructor (right price) would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks, Trey

To answer your original question, Lloyd Bailey's Scuba in Gainesville I think has
a combination cavern/intro to cave course. I also think the dive shop at Ginnie
Springs does as well. But I believe you would still have 2 courses after
that to complete a full cave certification.

Thanks guys...after much consideration and a little more research we've decided to only do Cavern for the time being. I spoke with a buddy of mine (who was in my DM class) who is through Intro to Cave and he said for what we want to do right now, that's all we need. And he also recommended more time for absorbtion. So we're gonna do the cavern thing and then drive over to the beach and do some ocean diving for the last couple of days. Thanks for the advice!

-T

tlessard:
Thanks guys...after much consideration and a little more research we've decided to only do Cavern for the time being. I spoke with a buddy of mine (who was in my DM class) who is through Intro to Cave and he said for what we want to do right now, that's all we need. And he also recommended more time for absorbtion. So we're gonna do the cavern thing and then drive over to the beach and do some ocean diving for the last couple of days. Thanks for the advice!

-T

If you got time hang around and do some cavern dives,there are some really cool places to see that your instructor can recommend

Good decision. Be sure to check out the many nice caverns around N. FL.

I will third the above reccomendations. There is no way that you will run out of caverns that you haven't dove before inside of a few days.

tlessard:

-T

I'm sure you'll be happy with that decision. Don't be surprised if during your Cavern class you fall in love with the beauty of the caverns and change your plans to make a week's worth of cavern dives instead of polluting your gear with that nasty salt water. :wink:

theskull

Hey Rich welcome to the board, we need more cave divers posting. I keep telling Rob he nees to get invloved too.
tlessard-After you complete your cavern course stick around and PRACTICE what you have just learned, if you are as experienced as I think you are, skip the salt water and work on line drills, OOA's, etc. to prepare yourself for your Intro course.
Spend some time meeting the foks around HS, getting the lay of the land, learning how things work topside and you'll be even better prepared when you come back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom