Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Need more info/ time/ etc...

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is they can be pretty iffy from a weather standpoint. Although last year Gulf Diving did extremely well in getting spring trips out, normal years see over half canceled. Summer trip are much more reliable. I perfer 3-night trips which get more time on Stetson but that puts it during the week which may not accomodate work schedules. If the group is interested, I expect we could talk the boat into an early move to Stetson. It really is a great night dive.

The Gulf Diver boats will not release dates until DEMA.

I requested a standard trip in July or August. Its not likely we will get spawn weekend.

TwoBit

Sorry to bust in on ya'll conversation. I just moved here from California ( Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton ). I didn't know that anyone prided themselves on diving in these swamps. As soon as I got here (Lufkin, DEEP East Texas) I had to get wet. Went diving in Lake Nacogdoches AND Lake Livingston. Found a much better place in my back yard called the Blue Hole. It is a quarry about 230 ft deep. .....I'm rambling.....

Question: Are the "Gulf Coast whoever boat guys" the only people allowed or willing to go out there? Any chance of getting a different boat company or a private charter on a large boat? I can get some AMTRACKS....j/k

USMC DIVER

Texas needs more water.

The Flower Gardens are about 110 miles out. Stetson Banks is closer in, but they're both a long ride from shore.

You'd have to have an onboard compressor or enough room to store a bunch of tanks to make it worth the trip.

Whereabouts is this 230' quarry??? How much drive time out of Dallas are we talking? Sounds like a good prospect for a Swamp Diver's invasion.

Ramble on some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom