Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Need more info/ time/ etc...

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMarc once bubbled...
Twobit,

Chris, my son, and I met you on the FLower Gardens trip Aug 1 and 2. We would definitely be interested in possibly participating in chartering the Fling or Spree for a trip. The only problems we run into are schedules, work and school.

Regards

Marc
Howdy Marc and Chris!!

Glad to see you guys here. I enjoyed our dives together. Did any of your photos turn out? If so, are they posted anywhere where we can see them?

I look forward to our next opportunity to dive togther!!!

--Mike

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
Todd,

You are all welcome to come.

Keep in mind this... the boats changed owners last year. The year before was a rough year. They were right on par with DAN statistics for accidents.

Things have changed a little bit. The rules are still there, but they are in place to keep divers safe.

Its a long way home.

TwoBit
Capt. Frank did mention that after tweaking the rules some, and making a huge insistance on everyone staying well hydrated, their incident rate for DCI/DCS has dropped dramatically (almost to zero). So they are always on the ball on insisting on diver safety.

Todd -- I haven't had the opportunity to travel on the Fling, but both times I have been on the M/V Spree, Capt. Frank and DM Melanie ran an excellent operation in my book. Melanie was always on top of everything doing with the dive ops, including excellent training of the staff DM's that were present. And Frank is a very good host and is very good at making sure your comfortable and happy when you're not diving and hanging out in the "people tank".

Hopefully you'll get to spend some time with these two wonderful people and see what I mean first hand.

We have a dive shop who will book the trip.

We have an agreement to a Greatly reduced price.

We are working on a date.

Stay tuned...

TwoBit

I would def be interested in going next summer. This will give me plenty of time to save up...and the months will go by so quickly that it will be here before we know it.

The plan is for $75 to reserve your spot.

50% Due in March.

Final payment due in May.

Payments are transferrable. Non-refundable

Nitrox will still be $65. IMHO its worth it.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
We have a dive shop who will book the trip.

We have an agreement to a Greatly reduced price.

What's the total price?

The only information I have right now that I'm not letting go of is cost.

We won't have a date until after DEMA.

I want to make sure the cost stays the same between now and then before I say one price and it gets raised due to fuel costs or something like that.

Essentially the shop has agreed to give us the trip at wholesale prices. The shop gets the free spots.

TwoBit

Sounds like a great idea, would love to go with you guys and gals. I was thinking when the Hammerheads were schooling though. Have there been any dates set aside?

Scott D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom