Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Need more info/ time/ etc...

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok folks I'll post my very first poll.

Let me know what you think.

I have a shop up here in mind that I can work with.

Thinking a weekend trip in July or August.

32 spots this includes three trip leaders (in water DM's) required. The boat requires full payment 30 days in advance. What we don't reserve we turn loose and someone else fills them.

What ever shop I get to agree to this I would like to offer ernest $$ to show commitment. $75 ea reservation is what I had in mind. The boats have next years schedule at DEMA. So you know the deadline for reservations.

What do you think?

Standard trip cost is $355 Nitrox is $65. We may be able to do something with the trip cost.

TwoBit

PS It doesn't have to be TSDT. You can be a guest of TSDT too

Let me know the particulars. I may want three spots.
Thanks for you work putting this together.
Larry

Sounds great to me.

(uh when is DEMA?)

DEMA is in October.

If you can get a better break on the price, we might be interested. Close to $50 per dive (IF doing 9 dives) is a bit steep for us.

Texass once bubbled...
Sounds great to me.

(uh when is DEMA?)

DEMA is October 8-11 in Miami, Florida.

I am planning on being there, and know of several others from the boards who will be. I am planning to be there a few days early and get some diving in as well.

With any luck I'll be able to meet up with some of the other people from here who are planning to go as well.

For more information check this link:DEMA

Sure, put me down for 1 spot.

Dee, Typical trip we are probably looking at 7 dives for that price. 8th inshore rig dive can be hard to find due to fishing activity. My experience is $50.00 plus per dive seems to be pretty standard, even with the day trips on the TX coast.

awap once bubbled...
Sure, put me down for 1 spot.

Dee, Typical trip we are probably looking at 7 dives for that price. 8th inshore rig dive can be hard to find due to fishing activity. My experience is $50.00 plus per dive seems to be pretty standard, even with the day trips on the TX coast.

You're right, $50 is the average. I just choose not to pay it. With only 7 dives, that bumps it up to $60 per dive. I just don't think it's worth it but that is only my personal opinion. There are lots of others who disagree with me and that is fine too! You can still find some charters cheaper than that average, just have to be careful about it.

but in addition to the contact to a established spot retailer - I have two sons and perhaps some more from the LDS that would enjoy. - - - Will push on that when the time comes. I'd certainly enjoy doing this with friends!

50$ / dive doesn't bother me - but then I look real hard at 400$ for a good weekend. End result - I enjoy it and will do so again [spaced out by my budget considerations]

Count me in Tom.

The more notice I can get on the available date the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom