Ft Wetherill Night Dive report 11-5-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy Scott and I dove Ft Wetherill last night 11-5-06 to film on of his Expedition NE documentaries shown on CT Pub TV. Water temp a balmy 56 compared to out side temps. I didn't want to get out of the water.

Vis was OK 5-10 ft but we had a current running in the coves shallows probably caused by the full moon (harvest moon ?) just coming up and you could witness the silt being stirred up.

Also, there were loads of large squid 6" laying on the bottom stroking the silt with their tentacles.They were not shy at all and would surround us and feel us out. Was pretty neat, and will be neat to watch after the video is produced.

Other than the squid, nothing else was special except a bright orange fish that we need to ID. I didn't see it but it may be a big eye.

Chris

ScubaSarus:
My buddy Scott and I dove Ft Wetherill last night 11-5-06 to film on of his Expedition NE documentaries shown on CT Pub TV. Water temp a balmy 56 compared to out side temps. I didn't want to get out of the water.

Vis was OK 5-10 ft but we had a current running in the coves shallows probably caused by the full moon (harvest moon ?) just coming up and you could witness the silt being stirred up.

Also, there were loads of large squid 6" laying on the bottom stroking the silt with their tentacles.They were not shy at all and would surround us and feel us out. Was pretty neat, and will be neat to watch after the video is produced.

Other than the squid, nothing else was special except a bright orange fish that we need to ID. I didn't see it but it may be a big eye.

Chris

I saw a special on those large squid down in South America, be very careful they will eat you alive.:shakehead :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom