Ft. Pierce Beach Dive 6/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USAF Diver

Reaction score
We dove off the beach at Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce on Sunday. The weather was nice and the visibility was fabulous and the seas were absolutely flat. We estimated the vis was around 50-60 feet. By far the best vis I have ever seen when beach diving. There were 4 divers and we got in the water around 10:45 that morning. After a nice swim out to the 3rd reef line we dropped to about 10 feet and began swimming north. The 3rd reef is decent. Nice boulders and some ledges. I counted no less than nine lobsters, although only a couple would be keepers during bug season. There were not many tropicals or other fish out. The total dive time was 1 hour and 11 minutes to a maximum depth of 15 feet.

Maybe I should stop beach diving because I doubt I will see visibility that good this year.

Hmmm, my friend Russ dove Pepper Park on Sunday, he even called me during his drive down to rub it in.

Your times and dive sound a lot like what he described to me - was their a Russ in your group?

USAF Diver once bubbled...
We dove off the beach at Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce on Sunday. The weather was nice and the visibility was fabulous and the seas were absolutely flat. We estimated the vis was around 50-60 feet. By far the best vis I have ever seen when beach diving. There were 4 divers and we got in the water around 10:45 that morning. After a nice swim out to the 3rd reef line we dropped to about 10 feet and began swimming north. The 3rd reef is decent. Nice boulders and some ledges. I counted no less than nine lobsters, although only a couple would be keepers during bug season. There were not many tropicals or other fish out. The total dive time was 1 hour and 11 minutes to a maximum depth of 15 feet.

Maybe I should stop beach diving because I doubt I will see visibility that good this year.

Are you in the Barcardi Limon Dive Club? They were there this weekend too but I don't know which day they were there.

Conditions were also great there...It was a working dive for me...had to take my advanced students on their navigation dive. dive.

AF diver...Are you at Patrick...I work in BLDG 423...NASA person working for the AF

Ya it was another Bacardi Limon dive. It's the best drink after diving!

Augie it was Russ who was in our group. He said it was his first beach dive.

Cuda I work at AFTAC on Patrick. I can't remember which building is 423.....

Hdqts Bldg, north end of the base

Hey USAF diver, I'm Maj Mark Redmon, AFTAC/TAI. I dive mostly caves and deep wrecks, but I'm looking for some recreational diving for my wife and I. Can you give me a call, 4-6351, and let me know what the local diving is like? I've been here a year and have only been offshore once, to dive the Hydro Atlantic.
thanks,
mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom