Ft. Pickens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis:
On a side note I checked the NOAA's data retreival station on the Pensacola Municipal pier (near palafox) and it was reading a water temp of 59.4*. Make sure ya'll have enough to stay warm. Hopefully a little sun will keep the ambient temp up which will make all the difference.

I'm going to dive with my Mares 6.5 isotherm semi-dri with hood and keep my divegear boat coat close for the ride out and surface intervals. What are you guys/gals plan on using?

5mm Hyperstretch, 2mm Hooded Vest, 3mm shorty (if necessary), 3mm gloves,5mm booties. Boat Coat/Sweatshirt for the ride out and SI.

This will be an afternoon dive, so the sun will be low on the horizon (and maybe very low on the way in).

I just reserved rooms for two nights on Mardi Gras weekend, I have to recoop money so I can drink lots in order to make the room worthwhile - LOL.

I looked at weather.com today and the weather so far looks like it may be in our favor. the 10 day forecast only went out as far as the 9th, but it showed a high on the 9th as 66* with mostly sunny skies. I know this prediction is too far out to be a sure thing, but things definitely are looking goood so far. :thumbs_up:

It should be a good time, might have to put my long johns under my wet suit though :D

I was looking weather.com and was looking at the ten day forecast. They are predicting 60% chance of rain with temps at 66* :shakehead . This is still too far out to be a reliable forecast though. I don't mind if it's raining, i'm going to get wet anyway:D just don't want the lightning.

Holy cow, I just looked back at the weather forecast later today and it already changed to partly cloudy with a high of 64* and 20% chance of rain. I will give up reporting on weather until much sooner. Maybe by then they will have changed to sunny skies with a high of 70* :14:

We have a Full Boat with 5 Scuba and one Free Diver.
EveryOne needs to be at the Shop around 11:30am Boat departs at 12:30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom