Ft Lauderdale/Pompano Beach dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm down in FLL right now....booked to be on Parrot Island for the week. Due to lack of interest, they didn't have enough divers to go out yesterday morning (nor did South Florida Charters or Scubatyme) so we ended up on Sea Experience. What a treat. Capt. Bill and DM Mateo were very professional, great fun to be with and their boat was big ( a cat ), clean and comfortable. While the ride to the open water is long, the view of mega mansions and mega yachts make the ride enjoyable. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to dive with these folks again.

And for those of you who like frills, they have a full compliment of drinks (from bottled water and soda (no charge) to beer (small charge) and individually packaged snacks.

Does Sea Experience rent tanks? Can I leave my gear with them overnight, including hanging my wetsuit?

scubadada:
Not knowing your decision tree ...

- if you want to dive a great boat w/ an extraordinary DM (unmatched site briefs), have a great time, and have the best chance of actually running (only inclement weather will nix the trip) Underwater Explorer is the place & the short run up to Boynton is worth it. Charter cost is fair, parking(free), gear rinse & restaurants are onsite, as is gear rental + fills. If you call Kevin & the dates are open, he can help you pick 8 diff dive sites over the 2 days you dive. If the sites are closed, Kevin is great about picking diff sites to the extent poss. (As a solo diver myself who picks trips based on wrecks I like, I don't want to do the same reef 4 times & Kevin is one of the few Ops who manages this well.)

- if you are limited by geography or site selection (wreck v. reef):
FTL - American Dream & Sea Experience are both great Ops. My list is alpha not preference; I would gladly dive either again, and if both had seats, I'd pick the one who is a) going to the site I want to dive or b) leaving later so more alcolhol has metabolized :wink: Note: I found the reefs in FTL to be most similar to KL, where you've already been. Haven't dived Jupiter.

Pompano - Parrot Island, Scubatyme & South Florida are all good (again, alpha list). Parrot Island did a good job finding diff sites, but the smaller boat had an exhaust problem awhile back so if you don't smoke I'd call and ask if it's repaired. Scubatyme's calendar was less full so he couldn't commit to adding me to an existing trip; probably just unlucky. Having dived w/ SFDH 12 times across 5 yrs, I've done the same 4 or 5 reefs; maybe just unlucky.

bigtuna:
I don't know so call whoever you dive with. I do know I've never left MY gear w/ a charter. All of the above should prep, load, changeover, and unload everything THEY own, so it's not like you have to take rental stuff to your hotel for the night. Does this answer your question?

-s.d

Scheduled to dive with UE(Kevin) June 19-22 after talking with ONESPEED, DEEPSTOPS,&DEBBYDIVER. You might want to PM one or all of them for some answers to your questions. They are great and more than willing to help out. After checking out a few other ops, Kevin's had what we were looking for. Good luck and have fun diving.

If with a limited crew call the Miss Conduct. he's out of Pompano and Johnnie is an excellent captain who will go with 2 to 6 divers. I hope to be out with him in July this year.
954 815 9424

Fred,

What dates are you here?? I want to meet/dive with you. I'm open to any weekend except ITK on July 10-13.

I just did some dives with Scubatyme, and it was a really good experience. Both days had realatively small groups, and the crew was very rofessional and friendly..

If with a limited crew call the Miss Conduct. he's out of Pompano and Johnnie is an excellent captain who will go with 2 to 6 divers. I hope to be out with him in July this year.
954 815 9424

I think you mean Captain Conrad who owns Miss Conduct. I agree, he is, by far, my favorite, chater out of Pompano. I also swear by Oliver and Avid Diver. If you dont need hand holding these are the carters to use in Pompano.

Big Tuna, you asked, "Does Sea Experience rent tanks? Can I leave my gear with them overnight, including hanging my wetsuit?"

Don't know about the wetsuit part -- my guess is that you won't need one, since I dived with SeaXP from May 7-10 and wore only a skin (including on the night dive, which was just a little chilly but not too bad). Water temp should be well into the 80s when you're there.

But I left my gear with them in the diveshop for the entire trip. And the tanks and weights are included in the dive price. Bill Cole is a great guy, and Marcy and Mateo, the two I dived with when I didn't have a buddy, were great fun. Call and talk to Bill, or to Aaron in the shop -- they can give you any info you need.

Can I hitch a ride in your suitcase??? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom