Ft Lauderdale mini trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went down to Ft Lauderdale on Friday the 6th and did 6 dives with Pro Dive. Saw two good wrecks, Don's Tug, 70 ft, and the Mercedes, 90 ft. They had a lot of marine life, jacks, large barracuda, grunt, silversides, I think, french angel fish etc. I found some of the reefs a bit drab though, not much color, and not a lot of marine life. Did not get to dive the Tennaco Towers since that dive is done on Tuesday. Pro Dive has a late start, 12:30 pm so you can sleep late, eat a leisurely breakfast and not be rushed. Good dive op.

I stayed across the street from dive op at the Doubletree Hotel, now called Oceanfront Hotel. It was convienent and affordable. Great palce to stay if you dive with pro Dive.

Diving in Ft Lauderdale should be a consideration for northeast divers, especialy since Spirit and Jet Blue have such afforable flights.

I found the exit in high seas, with current, the most difficult part of the dive .Getting back on the boat can be tricky.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom