Ft. Lauderdale - is the Commercial fising pier still in ruins, and can I dive it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to beach access and closed piers for diving. I heard the commerical fishing pier got bashed up during Wilma and was wondering if this was true and, if so, if divers are allowed to swim out that way (I'm figuring the remaining structure will hold a variety of fish).

I work over that way, so it would be an easy and short post-work dive to do for fun.

Thanks!

Mambo Dave:
I'm new to beach access and closed piers for diving. I heard the commerical fishing pier got bashed up during Wilma and was wondering if this was true and, if so, if divers are allowed to swim out that way (I'm figuring the remaining structure will hold a variety of fish).

I work over that way, so it would be an easy and short post-work dive to do for fun.

Thanks!

I saw people diving it the other day... when we were diving 2 blocks south of there.

Let me know if you go, I'll join you. It would seem like a cool dive, especially with the seas as flat as they are right now. I'm diving tomorrow just a couple blocks south of the pier at 7:30 am.

Yes!, we actually dove this morning at 8:15. We decided to go in a little earlier so that we could have more bottom time.

I'm guessing you're on your wireless card right now. I bet 75% of the reasons you bought the card was so that you wouldn't be disconnected with SB.

Actually FLL airport has FREE wireless. 90% of the card usage is michelle in the car. :wink:

That's cool! Went diving this morning at 7:30. The conditions are great. We're going out again tonight. You better hurry up and get back here before the seas start to get rough again.

aabond:
That's cool! Went diving this morning at 7:30. The conditions are great. We're going out again tonight. You better hurry up and get back here before the seas start to get rough again.

Dude... I wish I could hurry up and get back there. It's really cold here. in the 20's

Thanks guys!

I've got some side jobs to get completed this week and this weekend.

I'm thinking that next week I could get there at sometime between 1:30 and 3 PM. Anyone have a day open and want to get out there?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom