FT Laudedale to Marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
We will be staying in Weston the first week in May. We will be Diving in the Ft. Lauderdale area but are thinking about driving to Marathon for one day. Is it worth it to drive down and back in one day? Who is a good Dive op to look at for Marathon?

Thanks.

Abyss in Marathon is good. I haven't dived with them, but I was at their shop, and chatted with their crew, and they are very nice to work with. My recent trip to the Keys didn't afford me the time to go up and dive with them but they are definately on the list for the next trip through the Keys. (They're easy to find also, they are behind the Holiday Inn)

Contact them at www.abyssdive.com

If you intend to drive down early to catch a morning boat, you might consider Key Largo, which is 45 miles closer than Marathon.

It's makes for a long day, but I've done a day trip from WPB down to Key Largo for morning and afternoon boats followed by dinner, then the drive back up to WPB. Weston to Key Largo is a bit shorter.

Captain Banny is another dive op to look at in Marathon. He has a small boat that takes only 4 divers, I think he is willing to go with only 2. You might be able to setup a private charter on your own timetable. His smaller boat does mean he won't go out in rougher weather.

Abyss OTOH, was willing to go out on a day when no other dive op in Marathon would go.

Charlie Allen

Thanks guys those are two really good tips. I am going to contact both of them today.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom